A New Partner

A/N: Hullo! I wouldn't add a note up here for the first chapter normally, but I wanted to add some warning for young readers! The following story will have some swearing, deaths, and some kisses+romantic moments (Nothing too NFSW)! If you are not okay with the following please click out of the story and have a great day! Now I hope you enjoy the story!

(Shuichi POV)

The killing game was brutal. It seemed like we would never escape, but somehow a miracle appeared. We somehow escaped and we were free to do whatever we liked. That was about three years ago. Well, being the Ultimate Detective I am, I decided to solve cases with my reunited Uncle. It seemed like everyone else did things that related to their talent, except Ryoma that boy still got a ways to go. We were still all in contact with each other so we hung out often, except the days when I was stuck on a case.

It all seemed perfect, too perfect. That was then until my Uncle decided to take a case on in America. It was going to be difficult without the guy, but most cases we took were singular ones. Until out of the blue, I got an unfamiliar case.

"Detective Saihara," My coworker spoke. I was sitting at my desk looking at some files as I drank a cup of coffee and looked up to the officer.

"Yes? What seems to be the matter?" I replied nonchalantly. He silently handed me a case file with the file name, Death of a Rose. I looked at the file then looked at him. "A new case? Is that all?"

"Well...for this specific case, you'll need a partner," he mumbled. I looked at him and groaned. A partner? My uncle still wasn't back from his case. I put the case file down and stood up from my desk, putting a hand on my head.

"Really? Ugh, Could I bring Detective Kirigiri or is she still busy?" I requested. He just nodded at my second option. Damn it! Who am I supposed to ask? I thought to myself a bit until got an idea.

"Could I just ask one of my friends? They do have some investigating experience," I asked with a tinge of frustration. He just gave a shrug. I just grabbed the file and walked out of the office. I clocked out and went to my car then started hitting my head on the wheel. Am I kidding? I couldn't just ask out of the blu-

A notification then popped on my phone. Who was it this time? I looked to the right towards my phone to see a text from Kaito. Kaito, Great timing.

⭐LuminaryOfTheStars⭐

____________________________________________________________

⭐LuminaryOfTheStars⭐: Hey Shuichi!

🔍MrDetective🔍: Hey Kaito, What's up?

⭐LuminaryOfTheStars⭐: Maki-Roll and I decided to hold a party at a really fancy party venue. Wanna come with?

____________________________________________________________

My heart then dropped and I looked at the phone nervously. Did I read that right? A party? When was the last time I was at a party? Did I even have a suit that fit me? I then replied back after minutes of contemplating different excuses as to why I shouldn't go.

⭐LuminaryOfTheStars⭐

____________________________________________________________

🔍MrDetective🔍: I don't really know, are you sure?

⭐LuminaryOfTheStars⭐: Of course I'm sure! Everyone would be excited to see you! Especially Kaede! ;)

____________________________________________________________

Did he really say that...? Truth is, I did really like her, but she didn't feel the same. I mean she said she wasn't ready to get into a relationship with someone. I respect that, but unlike other people, we just became the greatest of friends. I mean I'm sure he just forgot so I brushed off the last part of his message.