The Oleander

(Kokichi POV)

I looked around to see all the nervous faces. Wimps. I raised my hand throughout the silent crowd. Sure I got some faces, but it's not like anyone was going to stop me.

"How about me, Mr. Detective, Nishishishi," I said. He looked around looking helpless. It was his only option anyways. Me, The Ultimate Supreme Leader helping the Ultimate Detective. Something you almost wouldn't see often. 

"Welcome to the team, Kokichi," He spoke. It seemed he regretted it, but I'll make sure he doesn't. After all, why would I lie?

***

As soon as the party ended Kaito took Saihara-Chan home. Poor Kaito couldn't help him when he needed it, but the detective took time out of his day to help him. "Jerk," I thought. It seemed like most people were leaving as soon as Saihara left. Maybe they couldn't because of the way he looked. As I saw all of the familiar faces leave, I left last. I walked up to my checkered convertible and hopped in. First things first, I looked around the car to see if I left myself a Panta. I didn't drink anything at the party. I mean all they had were punches, water, or alcohol. Neither of which really interested me.

There wasn't any Panta in the car. Seems like I'll have to make a detour to a gas station before I get home. Even though it would be a pain to do so, I'll maybe get to Saihara on my way home! And with that, I started the car to get my drink to see Saihara-Chan.

***

(Shuichi POV)

W-what...To see my true colors...? I felt my heart drop and my face become paler than a ghost. I looked around in a panic. I had locked my doors and they had entered without a trace. Where did they even get the blood?! S-should I call someone? No! I'm the Ultimate Detective, I can figure this out! 

I ran in looking at the rose first. It seemed to be drenched in something else other than the drops of pink blood from the message on the wall. I looked at my gloves. They were probably too thin to pick the flower up. Whatever this flower was soaked in, it could be deadly. I slowly sniffed the rose while trying not to touch it. Arsenic. I stood back. This must be from Death of a Rose case. How was the compound turned into a liquid though? It must have been ground up and mixed with other chemicals making it deadly once the thorn stabs through the skin. 

Now that I think about it, I never read about the case. I rushed through the wide-opened door towards my car to find the case file. 

*** 

(Kokichi POV) 

With grape Panta in hand, I was ready to drive by Saihara-Chan's house! As I was nearing my arrival, I slowed down a bit, only to see his door wide open. I saw he was opening his car to grab some kind of file. I'm guessing that's the case he needs a partner on, but why was he in such a rush. I parked the car and walked over to him while giving a tap on his shoulder. 

"Saihara-Chan...? What's wrong?" I questioned with confusion. He jumped a bit and turned to me. He looked afraid, too afraid to be scared of my appearance here. 

"A-ah! Kokichi, uh why are you here?" He asked, not giving me the answer I wanted.

"Well, I wanted to get myself a Panta and I was near your house, so I decided to drive myself down," I explained. "Now answer my question." 

Instead of giving me an answer, He just dragged me towards his house. There I saw why he was so aghast.  It looked like a murder scene had occurred in his house!  

"Hey Saihara, did you commit a murder or something?" I blurted out. Of course, I was joking, but he took it otherwise. 

"Of course not!" He snapped in a taut way. I stumbled back a little taken aback of his harsh tone. Who knew Saihara-Chan could be so angered. I definitely pushed the wrong buttons, but who can blame me for my poor choice of words.