un

I have never been the type of girl who believed in love. I have never really experienced love. My entire life has been surrounded by losses and I guess I have come to be used to that. I don't expect much from people so I am not disappointed later on. It has just become a part of who I am. As much as I would like to change, I just cant.

As a 20 year old living in LA, it is not all that weird I don't have a boyfriend or I don't go out to parties anymore. I feel like we are all busy working and creating. I live with my bestfriend Daniel or Danny. Danny often goes out to find himself a boyfriend but at the same time works just as much as he goes out.

"Carmen Estrella Flores! Ven aca!"

I sigh and drag myself from my comfortable spot at my desk and walk into the living room where Daniel stands with one of his friends.

"What do you want Daniel?"

"Well shit don't act so happy next time." I sigh and look at him to continue. "Well this is my friend Ben and he just so happens to have two extra tickets for a concert tonight. I was thinking well I have a best friend who might want to go and stop working for once."

"Who is the concert even for?" I look over to Ben.

"Um its a band called Brockhampton. I don't know you might like them."

"Well I don't know I have a lot of work to do. I might not be able to thanks for the invite though Ben." I smile and turn back towards my room. Why would I want to go to a concert for a band I have never even heard of before? Whats the point?

All of a sudden Danny barges in my room, "Look, you're going to be ready at 8 and we are going to go to this concert. Plus, they are backstage passes." He walks out of my room without allowing me to say anything. I guess that im going to this concert.

-------------

As i finish up my work i look at the clock and see it is 7:30. I need to get ready to go. Im not really sure what to wear. Ive only been to 3 concerts and they were all for my favorite band. I decide to take a shower and think if my outfit. I finish my shower and wrap a towel around my naked body.

"Danny!"

He comes rushing in and looks at me in my towel. I think he automatically knows why i called him and begins looking through my closet. When he searches i do my makeup. I never really do extravagant makeup or really any for that matter.

I finish my simple makeup look as Danny presents me with my outfit for the night. He picked out skinny black overalls and a striped black and white tee shirt for underneath. A pretty simple yet cute outfit.

I rush Danny out of my room as I see the clock hit 8. I quickly get dressed, put on my white vans, and grab my glasses. I quickly walk into the living room and am instantly pushed out of the house and into my car. He rushes me into the drivers seat even though I don't  even know where we are going.

"So are you going to give me directions or." I ask him as I start driving out of the neighborhood.

"Yes ill tell you when you need to like turn and shit."

I sigh and continue driving.

--------

About an hour and a few arguments later, we make it to the venue. We both look at the huge line of fans wrapping around the block as we park. Finally, we park and grab all of our belongings. Danny calls Ben to see where he is and where we should go.

Ben tells us to go around the back and he will be there. We walk all the way to the back and notice all of the fans look at us as we essentially skip the line and all of the fans who waited there for hours. I truly feel bad because I have in that position at one point too.

Ben leads us all through the venue until we finally reach a block of rooms which look like different dressing rooms. Ben opens a door with a sign that says : NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21 ALLOWED.  I look over at Danny and he looks at me back and shrugs. I guess it shouldn't be a big deal that I'm only 20.

As we walk in I notice about 10 boys sitting on the couch laughing and on their phones. I look over at Ben who motions for us to go in front of all the boys with him. We follow and awkwardly stand next to him.

"So boys, these are my friends Carmen and Danny. I brought them to see the show tonight."

I smile and look around at all the boys saying hi to us. I notice one person in particular though. He has brownish, blondish hair, blue eyes, and overall a very nice looking face. I smile a little more looking at his face until I'm pulled away by somebody. I look over and see Danny pulling me to the side.

"So um these boys." He whispers to me.

"I know like I have no words and I really don't know what to do right now."

"Go talk to them you are literally the prettiest girl I know, hey you might get yourself a boyfriend." He winks.

"Ill only go and talk to them if you do too."

He nods and pulls me over to the couch where they all sit. We stand there awkwardly listening to their conversation about music until this guy, who I recognize as Kevin Abstract, says something.

"Hey guys I'm sure this is pretty awkward so let me introduce everyone." He stands up and moves as he points everyone out. "This is Jaden, my boyfriend, this is Ameer, Matt, Merlyn, HK, Dom, Bearface, and lastly JOBA."

I look at each boy as Kevin introduces them. Remembering that the boy from earlier is called JOBA.

"Well, I am Danny and this is my best friend Carmen Estrella."

"Or just my first name Carmen." I say laughing looking over at Danny.

I look back at all the boys getting back to their separate conversations. I also happen to notice Danny beginning a conversation with Kevin and Jaden. I guess I should talk to people too. I decide that maybe I should talk to JOBA so I walk over to him and sit down next to him.

"Hey guys, I hope I'm not interrupting your conversation." I say looking at Bearface and JOBA who are looking at me a little weirdly.

JOBA clears his throat nervously before talking. "Uh no not at all maybe you could actually help us."

I nod my head waiting for them to continue.

"Should I dye my hair pink or not?" I look at JOBA and consider this new look for him.

"Yeah I actually think you should."

JOBA smiles and begins to talk before he is cut off my somebody telling them to get ready to perform.

Danny, Ben and I stand up at the same time and begin to move towards the door.

"We are having a little party at our house after the show if you guys want to come."

I look at Danny and Ben and nod my head along with them as we are ushered out of the room.