quatre

I hand Russel the blankets and sit beside him. We watch reruns of Friends as we sit, a foot apart, and casually laugh at jokes. Suddenly Russel turns to me and just waits for me to look back at him.

"So i had fun today."

"Yeah i did too, thanks for like everything. Yesterday and today, like thanks."

He laughs. "Yeah no problem." He takes a long pause before continuing. "Look this might sound crazy but i like you. I really do. I want to hang out some more and maybe go on a date this Friday at 7."

"Wow well firstly, we have barely known each other a day. What if im like this horrid beast, you would never even know. Secondly, yes i will go on a date with you Friday at 7." I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Its a little hard for me to believe that your a horrid beast but okay."

We return our attention to Ross and Rachel arguing. However, my mind wanders. I cant let myself fall for him. I just cant. That doesn't mean i cant hang out with him as FRIENDS. Thats the key word: FRIENDS.

We sit in silence for a while until I notice Joba nod off a bit.

"Well, I guess i'll go and let you sleep then." I say while standing up.

"No, dont go." He grabs my arm and pulls me back on the couch with him. "At least finish this episode."

I nod and cuddle up in my blankets, well the blankets i ended up stealing from Russel. The longer I stare at the tv, the more and more i nod off, eventually falling asleep, Joba right by my side.

I wake up in the morning due to the loud slamming of the front door. I slowly open my eyes to see Danny walk in looking visibly upset. I also notice Joba waking up next to me, rubbing his eyes.

"hey Danny, what's wrong? I haven't seen you in two days are you okay?"

Without answering, he runs into his room and slams the door. Russell looks at me and smiles.

"Well I guess I better leave then, ill see you Friday."

With that he smiles and walks out the door. At this point I realize that I should probably see what is wrong with Danny. He never is in this bad of a mood, ever. I walk into his room and see him laying on his bed with his earphones on, full blast.

"Hey friend, what's wrong?"

"It's just been rough. Nothing much I can do about that."

He turns over so I can no longer see his face. I take that as a sign of him no longer wanting to talk. I walk to my room and think of everything, soon the year at school ends and it is summer. I surely can not continue to have a relationship with Joba for that long. I have some traveling to do over the summer and having Joba around will not be good.

I collapse on my bed and slowly close my eyes, trying my hardest to not think of him.  My thoughts are diluted by the mere thought of Russel. I think of everything, his pretty eyes, his personality, and even the strong smell of mint left on my clothes. I decide that I can't just sit here thinking of someone I can't have. I pull myself up and throw on a pair of blue jeans and a plain black windbreaker.

I walk to Dannys door and lightly knock before walking in.

"Hey, come on lets get ice cream."

He turns over to face me. "I don't wanna."

"Can you please come with me. Please." I smile at him as he drags himself up. He grabs sunglasses as we both walk out the door.

The weather is perfect and it truly aligns with my happy thoughts right now.

I pull up to Venice beach and look at Danny who is still in a bad mood.

"Come on." I go to his car door and grab his hand, pulling him out the car. He follows me close behind as I weave in and out of all the people. We arrive at the ice cream shop and I get my favorite ice cream of all time, pistachio. Danny orders Vanilla and I pay for both cones.

"So whats actually wrong Danny, you know I hate seeing you like this."

"Nothing is wrong, just know that boys suck. Don't ever date one."

I laugh and smile as I pull him in for a hug. He hugs me back and I notice his smile. We keep walking and I spot a tattoo parlor.

"Hey, we should get a tattoo!"

"Im not too sure, you can get one though." He says while laughing.

We walk in and I somehow know exactly what I want. I let Danny ponder his feelings on getting another tattoo while a tattoo artist pulls me to his table.

"So what were you thinking of getting today?"

I pull my windbreaker off, showing my sports bra and show him my arm.

"I want I promise in cursive on my inner arm."

"Okay a pretty tattoo for a pretty girl. Is there any meaning behind it?"

I smile as I remember the night Russell sang to me.

"There is some meaning, but it doesn't have to define the tattoo. I just think I may be in love with someone I don't want to love." I smile thinking of Jobas perfect smile and how his eyes light up as he talks.

The tattoo artist grabs my arm and goes to work.

About a half and hour later I walk to the lobby with wrap around the dainty, thin writing on my arm. I smile at Danny as I show him my tattoo.

"Can I assume this has something to do with Russell?"

"Maybe, but I don't think I want it to."