Chapter Two - Bad To Worse

I quickly walk down the hall trying to find my first class. My first lesson is in history 103 with Mr Yukimura. The bell rang three minutes ago which makes me late. "Well done Danny, late on the first day." I sarcastically matter to myself. I turn the corner and see room number 45. Finally! I walk to the door and slowly open it. The teacher looks at me then asks "how may I help?" I look over to see everyone steering right at me. Ah, crud. "Umm, I'm a new student that's supposed to be in this class," I say rather quietly but just loud enough for Mr Yukimura to hear. "Oh you must be Daniel Fenton," he says. "I was wondering where you were." He then continued to say, "take the set in the left back corner." The back corner. Score! I'm at the back. I hurried to the back trying to escape everyone's gazes.
"Ĉu iu scias, kiel la lingvo Esperanto venis?" (Does anyone know how the language Esperanto came to be?)Asks Mr Yukimura. I looked up immediately recognising the language. "jes sinjoro, estis kreita de L.L Zamenhof, esperante facile lerni lingvon por homoj, kiuj parolas iun ajn denaskan lingvon." (yes sir, it was created by L.L Zamenhof, in the hopes of making an easy to learn language for people who speak any form of a native tongue.) I replied with little to no confidence. Mr Yukimura and the rest of the class looked at me in shock. "How did you learn to speak it so fluently?" Mr Yukimura asked curiously.
"I have a lot of free time," I answered. Everyone stopped looking at me and turned there gaze to the front of the class. Thank god. After everyone looked back at the teacher he went back to teaching about Esperanto.

___________________________

The day went by pretty uneventful until lunch. I ended up walking around the cafeteria holding my lunch tray, trying to find somewhere to sit.
"Hey kid needs somewhere to sit," Said a male brunette from behind me. I turned to face him. "Come we don't bite". I took the set next to him. "My names Josh," Josh said when he pointed to a girl across from him. "That's Emma," Emma then waved at me," and at the end of the table is Eric," Josh said pointing to the boy at the end how looked like he was about to fall asleep. Upon realising that someone was talking about him Eric shot up like a scared cat. "What!" He groaned. I held back a laugh.
"Hi I'm Danny," I say adding in a slight wave. Still trying not to burst into a fit of laughter.
"So, what year are you in Danny?" Emma asked with a smile on her face.
"I'm a sophomore," I answered. Hoping they weren't that much older than me.
"We're juniors," Emma said with a big smile on her face. "For a second we thought you might have been a freshman," she says almost laughing.
"And I thought you were seniors," I reply with a smirk.
"Well anyways, what brings you to Beacon Hills Danny?" Asks Josh. I really didn't want to answer that. How does one say that they moved here because their family died in a big fiery explosion, that may I add I had mysteriously survived. The answer is you don't.
"I moved here to live with my uncle," I answer. I wasn't lying, just not telling the whole truth.
"Why'd you move in with your uncle?" Asked a sleepy Eric. Oh, come on. I internally monologue. I struggled to come up with a decent excuse.
I don't know what gave it away but Josh came to the rescue. "Dude don't ask questions like that!" Josh said to Eric. I gave Josh a silent 'thank you'.
"Ohh..." Eric was now realising that it was most likely a sensitive topic. "Sorry dude," Eric said apologising.
"No problem," I say back with a pained smile, as I remembered everything that has happened over the past few weeks. Like the strange walking through doors, that were closed may I add, as well as my unexpected night vision, and lest we not forget my sudden change of appearance. This is all so confusing I honestly don't think I can handle this right now. Like seriously my family died less than a month ago, and it wasn't just my family. It was also Sam and Tucker my best friends, who were basically family to me.
Suddenly I feel my hand to throw the table. I look down at it and quickly move my hand behind my back. I turn my head to the three friends to see if any of them noticed. Thank god they didn't. I need to go now.
"Oh look at the time, I should get going," I say trying to get away from the group before my hair or eyes changed colour.
"Dude you only just sat down," Josh says confused.
"Well I need to find my next class and get to my locker," I say trying to lie my way out of this.
"Well then nice talking with you," Josh says.
"Yeah see you soon hopefully," Emma says with her usual smile.
Emma then turns to look at Eric who is once again half asleep. She kicks him under the table. Eric jolts fully awake.
"Oh yeah see you soon." He says before falls back to his half asleep state.
After that, I stand and quickly walk/run away.