o n e

it was dark outside, the only light from the rocky moon glowing in the sky, along with thousands of bright stars. dan and phil were laying on the roof of their house, staring up into the night sky, except dan wasn't staring at the sky, but the galaxy that existed in phil's eyes. a beautiful shade of blue, sparkling. phil glanced over at dan for a moment, and he quickly averted his eyes, his cheeks turning pink.

they went back to silently studying the beautiful sky, dan glancing over at phil every now and then, just to take in his beauty.

he was so beautiful.

with his pretty eyes full of life and his black hair, messy atop his head, along with his pale skin, as pale as the stars in the sky.

dan looked at phil's hand, lying by his side. he wondered, what if he held his hand?

no.

he interrupted his thoughts. phil was his best friend, he could never do anything like that.

phil would never love dan the way that dan loves phil.

so he went back to just looking at him as phil's eyes stayed glued to the sky.

the pair eventually retreated back into their house to get some sleep. they walked into their different bedrooms. with phil's bedroom being so full of life, the green and blue colors of his duvet, matching a summer day with freshly cut green grass and a light blue sky overhead. a shelf of books rested in the corner, along with his closet, a rainbow of clothes inside.

dan, however, was completely different. a black and grey duvet, along with a closet of black clothes, and fairy lights strung around, so the room wouldn't be too bright. 

it was like the life was sucked out of his room.

they each climbed into their separate beds. phil fell asleep almost immediately, tired from the long day that he had. 

dan was still very much awake, he could hear phil snoring through the wall. he could imagine how cute phil looked right now. his arms were thrown over the covers, but no worries, he had freckles to protect his very pale skin. his lips would be parted slightly, his perfectly pink lips. he pretty blue eyes would be closed, but he looked so peaceful. 

dan's eyes began to droop and he eventually slipped into sleep, dreaming of the beautiful boy that is phil lester.