- Chapter 2 -

I walked into the school, head high. Unlike in all of the stories, I didn't act like a "helpless nerd" at school. I never understood why people would do that; why would you willingly pretend to be helpless and be bullied?

After all, if you're bullied, you're more likely to be followed after school, and therefore more likely caught doing things that you're not supposed to be doing; for example, stealing. However, if everyone was scared of you, not only would they leave you alone, but they would also often be too scared to look into you.

My beat-up leather jacket that I had stolen off of a café chair hung off my shoulders as I strolled through the hallways. Everybody moved out of my way as I made my way to my locker, and any freshmen who tried to stare at me for too long were met with an unimpressed look from me.

I'm not going to lie. I knew that I was beautiful. My brown hair was naturally slightly wavy, and my blue eyes pierced into everyone who dared look at me too long.

My eyes narrowed as I noticed that a group of boys were hanging out in front of my locker. I didn't recognize them, but judging by the way that they were looking around, I could tell that they were new to the school.

I made a show of folding my arms, forcing my features to look disinterested and cold. A lot of the chatter around me fell silent as they noticed that the boys were blocking my locker; I tended to be known for being unapologetically blunt around here, calling out anyone who bothered me.

The boys noticed this change of mood in the hallway, and quickly turned around to face the source of it. There were three of them, all of which looked like they could be models. I could tell that the one that was leaning directly on my locker was the leader, judging by the looks that the other two kept throwing him.

The blonde haired one was probably the second in command, the best friend to the leader; he had a stance that showed that he was confident with social position. His stern stare took in my posture and the position of my feet, but didn't move up to examine my carefully crafted facial expression; a fighter, then. Maybe a martial artist. He kept his hands loosely by his sides and his stance even and light, ready to defend himself; he clearly fought often.

The third one, a rather muscular Asian boy, had a bright, genuine smile plastered on his face; he was clearly more used to being the friendly, diplomatic guy that dealt with the aftermath of his friends' actions. It was also his smile that led me to believe that these boys were usually the heartbreaking bad boys of the school.

How fun.

The leader ran his hands through his brown hair as he gave me a once over. His eyes flashed with intrigue, and his eyebrows furrowed slightly before quickly being set into a neutral look. Interesting; he was used to trying to hide his emotions. Too bad that I just happened to be incredibly observant.

"You want something?" His voice was deeper than I expected.

"You're standing in front of my locker. Move."

"Say please."

I rolled my eyes, raising a single eyebrow. "What are we in, kindergarten? Look, I get that you're new here and trying to make a 'bad boy' reputation for yourself. But seriously; fuck off."

A few people around me snickered, and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes again. Didn't they have things to do other than eavesdropping on my conversation?

He looked somewhat surprised that I had talked back, but still didn't move away from my locker. "Wow, feisty. I'm Jaxon."

I huffed. "I didn't ask."

The bell cut off his reply, and I gave up, deciding that I wouldn't be going to my locker after all. He was lucky that it was a Monday morning. I was too tired to deal with this kind of nonsense.