Disguised Shadows and Alpha Stone

Sunday came faster than I expected it to. I've been anxious the entire weekend leading to today, fear making its way into the pit of my stomach. Nightmares plagued me, my subconscious bringing out all my fears even while I slept.

Alice bought the wig yesterday, it was a dark brown color with blunt bangs and it was waist length; longer than my own shoulder length hair. Looking at myself in the mirror, I frowned realizing that even with dark hair I bore no resemblance to my mother. Instead I could see the uncanny resemblance to my father and brother; sharp jawline, arched eyebrows, long dark lashes, eyes slanted upwards, and high cheekbones. My mother's features were soft and feminine, the only similarity would be our noses. Of course, I've never been praised for my looks, at least not to my face. It has always been about my hair, the silver locks that haven't been seen in the last hundred years has finally reappeared. How lucky it was for the Beta to produce the only light wolf in over a century with a former low-ranking female.

I shook my head, now was not the time to start dwelling on my past I had to hurry up before Phoenix changes his mind. I wasn't the only one with anxiety, Phoenix was worried his father would send me back to my pack without giving him a chance to fight for me. We were both scared and nervous for today's outcome.

Phoenix poked his head into the bathroom and gave me a once over, "Ready?" He asked, our eyes meeting in the mirror. I nodded my head and followed him out.

"This isn't how I pictured myself meeting your parents." I tried to joke, but it came out strained.

He chuckled, "In a disguise or did you mean begging them to help you stay with your one true love." Phoenix's head was tilted back so I could see his teasing smile.

My lips twitched, and I swatted his arm, "Both, I guess." I paused, "I mean look at me, never in my whole entire life have I ever looked anything but put together and now I look like I just rolled out of bed." My hands gestured to the sweatpants that had to be rolled up several times to stay on my hips, the baggy t-shirt, and blanket of a hoodie. Luckily, Alice bought me sneakers to avoid embarrassing me further by wearing Phoenix's shoes.

We were about to go out through the door, Phoenix turned quickly causing me to be unable to stop in time before I bumped into his chest with a "oomph". His arms wrapped around me, I looked up at him with a questioning look. "I think you look absolutely stunning whatever you wear, especially if it's my clothes." I wanted to duck my head, suddenly feeling shy, but his fingers kept my chin tilted upwards toward him. The look in his eyes ignited a warmth in the pit of my stomach, and not for the first time, I cursed the mark on my neck. His nose touched my nose, and my lips parted in anticipation.

Our moment was interrupted by the ringing of his phone, and we both groaned in annoyance. "We're leaving right now, Alice." Phoenix ground out when he answered the phone and then he hung up and sighed rubbing his face.

We grinned at each other when our eyes met again, he grabbed my hand, and squeezed it. I took a deep breath as he opened the door, my first step to the outside world in almost two months. Getting me out of the apartment complex was going to be a problem if anyone decided to speak to Phoenix and inquire about who I was. I put on a pair of sunglasses and pulled the hood over my head, as we entered the stairwell to avoid the elevator which would have people on it.

Once inside the building, I snuggled into Phoenix's side to further hide my appearance. We reached his car quickly, and once inside we buckled up to go on our way. After a bit of driving in silence, Phoenix cleared his throat and side eyed me, "So Alice tells me that you broke the shackle with your bare hands, barely any effort on your part." His face was scrunched up in confusion, "So I've been wondering how long it took you to figure out you could do that?"