01

HELLO YOU GUYS!

You may or may not have noticed but I TOOK DOWN THE WHOLE STORY. (That's seven chapters only but whatever)

I will be starting BOOK II from scratch, with refined plots and better writing in general. The whole of previous Stalemate was so cringe worthy because I put in little effort to write for the better. It was just written in a haste because you guys just wanted updates. (Also the reason why I stopped writing this book. Also college, but ok.)

I have only written the first two chapters so you'll have to make do with it until I get the next chapter up. And please don't ask me to update: after a point, it gets tiring to read.

Please tell me your thoughts on this chapter, as well as the following!:D

SOME POINTS BEFORE YOU START READING:

(Especially for those readers who have read the story before I took it down. You'll need to read this so that you don't get confused when you read the amplified version)

1. I need you to forget whatever happened previously in Stalemate. This book starts off TWO YEARS LATER and not one year later, as opposed to the previous version.

2. Leah and Sebastian HAVEN'T MET YET like they did in the previous version. In this version, they haven't seen each other's faces for two years.

3. Nobody except Sebastian and Kenneth Parker (his father) know the real reason why Leah was forced to leave. Sebastian just made sure everybody thought she left because her contract ended and she quit the job.

4. Leah WORKED IN PANACHE (the hotel) before she got fired from it, for reasons unknown to her (those who've read the previous version will know why she got fired. The reason REMAINS THE SAME HERE TOO, the way the truth comes out is different.)

5. Panache is where Lucas saw Leah for the first time, and he knew who she was. The reasons why Lucas did what he did will be different than the previous version. I changed that story line because I gave away too much in Chapter 7 of the previous version, which should have been saved for later. So naturally, in this version, I changed the whole plot.

6. Previously, Leah worked in a diner where she met Jenna's fiance. Jenna is Sebastian's sister. In this version, however, Leah HAS NOT WORKED IN THAT DINER. She HASN'T MET JENNA'S FIANCE either. I have changed Jenna's fiance's name from WES TO LOGAN.

7. I LOVE YOU GUYS for holding on to this story for so long!

_______________

ONE

TWO YEARS LATER

I SWIPE MY ID on the detector machine and make my way inside the building with the sound of the elevator dinging clear in the radar. I fasten my pace, and it practically looks like I'm sprinting, and reach the elevator just in time as it is about to close.

Standing behind a tall man, I stare at the stitched black suit until it is time for me to leave. I exit the elevator and the cold air conditioned floor greets my sweaty face. I see a lot of my colleagues chattering excitedly and I wonder what the buzz is for.

"Hastings," A voice that has grown to be familiar to my ears speaks up from a few desks to my right, "Come join the party."

I see Yuko smiling at me as I make my way towards the table he and his friends are rounded on.