03

"YOU WILL GO THROUGH the paperwork, and let me know about the updates." Sasha instructs as she hands over the files to me. "How's your first day going here, by the way?"

"It's going pretty well, Samuels Inc. has a friendly atmosphere to work in," I say, honestly.

"How was it then at Parker's?" Sasha inquires, peering at me through her glasses, which somehow make her look even more beautiful.

"People mind their own business back at Parker's, much more work oriented," I reply, seeing no harm to share this piece of information with Sasha. I, however, wondered what kind of information I would have to share with her later to save my sorry ass. "I will leave now, ma'am."

"Call me Sasha." She sighs, "And don't forget my words; you can trust me, not anyone else."

"I don't do these trust things anymore," I reply, and get out of the cabin before I get a panic attack.

I sit in my small cabin, next to Sasha's and complete the paperwork she wants me to. Flipping through the pages, I think about Sebastian.

Somebody close to him is in there, working in the same space as him and double crossing him. And there isn't one, there are more. And sitting here at Samuels Inc. it is impossible for me to find the agents at Parker Co.

But I will have to find a way, slowly but surely. Releasing a heavy sigh, I get back to work.

"Hey," A brunette pops her head inside my cabin, smiling brightly at me, "Can I come in?"

"Hi," I reply, "Please."

When she comes in, I am only amazed by her beauty. Wearing a fitting red shirt with striped monochrome pants, she looks like a living dream. I feel ugly in front of her, sitting there with un-shampooed hair and a plain grey shirt. I do feel ugly and insecure with other girls too, but she makes me feel like a rag.

"I'm Eleanor," she begins, as she takes a seat in front of me, "Lucas Samuels' manager."

I nod at her, and she smiles again. When she realizes I am dumbstruck to reply, she comes directly to the point, "Lucas wants to meet you today, sometime after lunch. Sasha will be there too."

"Why?" I ask the question a little too quickly, and Eleanor senses my nervousness. I hate how perfect she is without even trying.

"Don't worry," Eleanor says, "He may look intimidating, but he's just a small nugget inside. Don't mention this to him though."

"A sneaky little nugget, but whatever," I reply, but then I realize that she is probably going to rat me out to him for this, "I am sorry, I didn't mean that."

"Of course you did," Eleanor replies, "He's conniving, I agree. But who isn't?"

I dare to look up at her, and her hazel eyes stare back at me. Eleanor continues, "I know why you're hired. So there's no use of hiding anything from me. You're smart, Leah. But Lucas knows how to scheme. And in my two years of working with him, I know one thing; his schemes have left even the smartest of smart people leaving with fires that can't be extinguished."

"And you look like you love playing with fire, but don't do that here," Eleanor says, "The only smart thing you can do right now is to trust me. I know things."

Funny – she's the second person who's told me to trust them. And that makes me trust them even less.

After Eleanor sways out of my cabin, literally, I sigh in relief. Even the perfume she applies is perfect. When the air in my cabin gets lighter, I try to get back to work. But I can't. Knowing that there are people who have been watching me from the moment I set foot in Samuels Inc. isn't very reassuring, and knowing that there are others who are watching Sebastian at this very moment is unsettling too.