Prologue

Third person pov

The day was getting late as Dick Grayson walked to Wayne manor. The dark clouds above forming, ready to unleash the water held within them at any second. As Dick came up to the front door, he thought about what he was going to say to Artemis later that week. He knocked and as he waited, he pondered this thought. A few minutes later, Alfred answered the door. "Master Dick, Master Bruce awaits you in the library" "Thanks Alfred" Dick walked inside. Still pondering what to say to Artemis. As he entered the library, he noticed Bruce place away a book before looking at him. "Dick, what brings you here" Dick sighed as he sat down on the chair closet to him. "Bruce, I was wondering, if you were to propose to someone, what would you say" Bruce put a hand to his chin before he smirked and sat down next to him. "I would tell that certain someone how long I've been waiting to ask this. What they mean to me and if they would like to marry me" Dick nodded before he continued to ponder and came to a conclusion. "Thanks Bruce, I think I'll do just that" Bruce noticed something else was up with Dick but decided against pushing for more information, being his third farther figure and second mentor meant that he would care first and mentor second but in this case, it was best to leave him be, though he couldn't say the same about Alfred. "Master Dick, you seem to be bothered" Dick looked up at Alfred before he took a deep breath. "It's Kevin, he hasn't been seen for a while now and I fear he may be up to something that won't end well" Alfred nodded before he left the room. Bruce looked at Dick before he stood up. "Dick, if you ever need someone to talk to, remember that Diana and I are just a call away" Dick nodded before Bruce left the room. Leaving him to ponder what to do next. He had plans to head back home but right now, he needed to visit some old family. Getting up. He walked into the lounge where a poster of the Flying Graysons rested above the fireplace. Smiling he walked to stand before it. They would be proud of him and he knew it. He just wished they could see him and how much he had grown up, changed and done. No thought he could become what he was, but he did, Kevin didn't think he had what it took to become Red X but he did, but now he fears that Slade wants Red X back and will do anything to bring him back...

Ultimus dropped down before knocking out the two guards. Moving with his back against the wall. He poked a mirror around the edge of the wall. Spying several guards and the cell that his target was in he quickly devised the plan. Activating the tracker on his belt, he turned around the corner and fired his wrist blasters at the guards, gunning them down one by one before he walked up to the cell door and blew it open. Inside, Slade rested on the wall. Looking up, he smiled. "Took you long enough Kevin" Ultimus shook away his remark and pulled out one of his pistols before at the wall before him. When sunlight came through, he knew he was in the right place. Placing the pistol away, he placed an explosive on the wall and then stood back. Pulling out his pistol again, he fired one round into the explosive, causing it to take down the wall. The alarms going off as he did so. Walking over to the edge, he looked over and then back at Slade. "It's a long way down, I won't be able to carry you down" Slade looks at Kevin before he walks over and looks out. "So what, you came to rescue me and didn't have a plan to escape" Kevin smirks before he pulls out a tracker. "I came prepared. They should be here soon" Slade looked at him before he smirked back. "Your smarter then I give you credit for Kevin, I need to start looking to you more often with these types of missions" "Freeze" Turning around, the two look at the group of guards at the door. Kevin smirks before he steps forward. "Don't worry about the mess boys, we'll be going soon" Kevin pauses as he looks at his watch and smiles, "real soon" The sound of a helicopter could be heard in the back ground. The guards look at each other as Kevin walks back and grabs hold of Slade and then falls back out the hole. A helicopter flies up, several silver knights inside open fire, gunning down the guards as a cable comes is pulled up. Slade climbs into the main cargo hold of the Helicopter and it pulls out. As the surviving guards get up, they notice Kevin hovering at the hole before he drops an explosive and speeds off after the helicopter. Behind him the sound of an explosion could he heard. Slade was free and now it was time to get revenge of Richard.

Dick walked into the main chamber of the cave. Batman was standing there with several members of the original team, Aqualad not being there. "Dick, this will be most concerning to you but we have news that Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke has just been broken out of prison but Kevin Edward, aka Ultimus" Dick looked at Artemis before looking back at Batman. He was concerned, there was no telling what they would be planning now that he was free but he had one idea, he felt that Slade would be after him and Artemis. "We don't know what he will be doing now, but we can believe that he will be after you Dick and will stop at nothing to get to you, either through oved ones or by other means, but I need you to be ready for anything that he throws at you. The others on the team have already been alerted to the threat posed by him and will do anything they can to discover what he's planning to do now, but till then, Dick, you and Artemis are confined to the cave till further notice" Dick nodded and went to his room. Well it was Artemis's room too now. He was so close to proposing to her. It was going to happen that night and then this happened. Wonderful, Dick had no idea how he was going to handle it but he knew that things wouldn't go well. He just had to hope he didn't have to rejoin him...