Chapter 4

Nightwing pov

I slowly opened my eyes as I adjusted to the sound of the ocean. I had travelled quite far down to Happy harbour and well, I good see the cave from here now and lets just say that I was ready to go looking for Slade and Artemis. He won't get away with this. Sighing, I look out over the water and move to bring the boat into bay.

Checking my bag to ensure that everything is there, I walk off the boat and then start heading to the main part of town, I had to ensure that no one saw me get changed. As I came to an intersection, I look around before I then head off towards the nearby school. As I walk over, I look around and then move around to the back and open up my bag, pulling out my uniform, I get changed and begin looking around from the rooftops. But I had the feeling that I was being watched by someone, who it was, I had no idea, but I had the feeling that whoever it was, they would regret watching me.

Mysterious person pov

Richard Grayson moved slowly, I knew full well that he knew he was being watched, but he had no idea who was watching him. I had been watching him for some time and lets just say that his search for Artemis would not be his last, I was waiting for the right time to approach him. But till then, I had to keep my distance. The family wouldn't be happy if I approached before it was time. He had no idea of our family history like I did, but I knew that what he was doing, it was not what our family had done in the past, he ruins our family name, he puts a taint in it. A poison that has rooted itself deep within all heroes was starting to take shape in him. But it will take time till it fully takes shape but in that time, he will be back on the same path as his parents were before they retired to take care of him. Tony Zucco payed dearly for his crime against the family. Taking a deep breath, I turned and walked away, I had a plan to help him without him knowing. I was going to use my contacts and information to find Artemis for him, then I would approach him after he has been dropped the info and rescued Artemis.

Artemis pov

I clenched my teeth and closed my eyes as Slade punched me again. He still wanted to know where me and Dick lived but I wasn't going to give in now. Slade looked at me before he came down to eye level and then spoke. "I'm going to ask you this once more. Where do you and Richard live?" Using what little energy I have left, I spit in his face before he gets up and spins around before kicking me right in the side of my broken arm. I scream out in pain as I fall to the ground. My eyes closed as I'm on the verge of breaking into tears, the pain has become too much now and now I want it all to go away. But I have no idea how long it'll take Dick to find us. "I'm sorry, did that get to you Artemis, perhaps we should send a call to Richard and see how he likes us when he arrives" Opening my eyes, I see Slade pull down a screen before he begins a call straight to Dicks comm. Seconds later, Dicks voice comes over. "What do you want Slade, are you ready to give up where you are and surrender or here to gloat about the pain that you've put Artemis in" Not long after, Slade looks at me before he replies. "I'm giving you my location, but your to come alone, no one else is to come. You can find me at Happy Harbour in an abandon warehouse, come alone and come prepared" Looking at Slade, I smirk. He has no idea how much Dick had changed, he underestimates him now. Looking over at the barred window, I see a figure jumping form roof to roof, meaning that Dick must've come here to search for clues. Yes, he'll be here faster then Slade may like. "Well, I guess now we wait for him to come from wherever he is right now"

Nightwing pov

I walked into the abandoned warehouse that Slade told him about, they were here and he could tell by the smell of off blood. As I walked in, I saw Slade standing next to Artemis. As I walked over, he seemed to smile. Artemis was in no condition to do anything for the next few months and lets just say that with how things are going, we had a long time to figure things out about our next move, but little to Slade's knowledge was that I was followed here by a group of people, they weren't the team as they would've attempted to talk to me. So I guess this group was different. "Welcome back Richard, how's live been with you" Staring at Slade, I walk forward and he seems to back up and walk over to the entrance, as I walk over to Artemis, I bend down and speak. "Are you ok" Artemis nods and then I hear something from behind me. A voice speaks. "Stop right there Deathstroke, you don't want to mess with us" Turning around, I see several figures, each were similar to when I was Red X, but they were all different, each one went by a different name, but one thing I notice about each of them was that they seemed like family. "Well, well, if it isn't the Gray mercenary gang" As I watch Deathstroke being distracted, I take this chance to slip out his legs from under him, knocking him over. Then in seconds one of these Gray mercenary gang members are on top of him, holding him down. I turn back to Artemis and then lift her up before facing one of the Gray mercenary gang members. "Richard Grayson, we are glad to have found you after all these years" Looking at them, I seem confused yet also seem to understand at the same time. Artemis was confused but what the person said next was shocking to me. "We are your family. We are the last of the Graysons"

And now comes the last hint of the puzzle/riddle. Mercenary Next chapter, Artemis and Dick catch up and spend time together while the rest of the Gray mercenary gang talk to Dick about family and what it means to be a Gray mercenary gang member.