You shine(Oz x Reader)

As a shadow monster it was easy because you could always hide in the shadows. That was Oz' favourite thing about himself.. also the only thing he liked about himself. He was only hanging out by himself. People don't usually get close to him. He's considered rather weird because he has those little shadows with him that talk to him and make it look like he's talking to himself. He felt very lonely at times but he always got over it after a long walk in the city.

          Today was one of these days in which Oz felt very lonely. After highschool he decided to go for a walk in the outskirts of the city, you know, since there aren't a lot of people and there's mostly nature and very few joggers. Sometimes there was no one there, but it was still okay. Oz liked the view there so he didn't really care about the people around there. He arrived there kind of late. He really took his time to get there. The sun was about to go down and now the sky was painted in beautiful shades of orange, pink and purple. Oz was taken aback by the view. This is why he always comes here. The flowers and trees looked so pretty in this light. A pang of sadness struck him, it would've been nicer if he had someone to watch the sky right now. Oz sighed heavily as he sat down by a river. He felt sad, once again.

          "Cerberus, no!" Oz heard someone scream and then he was tackled by a huge dog with three heads! "No! Bad boy, bad boy!" The voice was now next to Oz and it seemed like the person pulled the beast off Oz. "I'm sorry, he does that from time to time! Usually he jumps on people with bad mood trying to cheer them up. He does that at home all the time. I'm really sorry, let me help you get up." The stranger looked at Oz, holding a hand out.

          "I-It's okay! I don't mind.." Oz said quietly. He accepted the strangers hand and got up.

          "I'm Y/N!" (She/He) said with a smile.

           "I, uh.." Oz was stuck. The monster before him was very kind and warm towards him. He was affraid to not spook (her/him) away. "M-My name is Oz!" He said in the end. Oz stood in an awkward posture, he didn't know how to react.

          "Nice to meet you!" Y/N giggled. "Why so tense? I won't bite!" Y/N winked at Oz. "Is it okay if we sit with you? We walked for hours and there was no one around here. And the sky is very pretty right now, it would be a shame to watch the sun go down on your own.."

          "Sure, I don't mind." Oz smiled, once again. Y/N took a seat on the ground and patted the ground by (her/his) side while patting Cerberus' head. Oz took the seat by (her/his) side.

          The two sat in silence for quite some time until Y/N broke the eyes. (She/He) made asked questions and Oz answered them happily. They started to talk about random topics and getting to know each other pretty well. Oz found out that Y/N just moved there and that (she/he) wasn't familiar with the place. Oz offered to show (her/him) around, the offer was accepted with a huge smile by Y/N. (She/He) was something else and Oz enjoyed it.

          They met up over the weekend in the same place and from there they went around the town. This time Y/N came without Cerberus so they could move freely around town without causing any trouble. They went and ate ice cream, monsters around them awwed. It looked like they were on a date. Young love, some of the old monsters sighed all dreamy. Oz was feeling like he could be himself without any inhibition around Y/N, he felt safe. Y/N was happy that Oz loosened up around (her/him).

          It was now monday, a school day. Oz felt sad, he forgot to ask Y/N what highschool (she/he)'s going to attend. He walked the hallways alone, feeling everybody's eyes on him, judging him. He was affraid, he didn't need nor want all this attention and he didn't know how to get rid of it.

          "Yo, shit face!" Oz froze on the spot. It was Damien and he was targeting him. "Look at me when I speak to you! What are you, a filthy animal to ignore someone like me?"

          "N-no.. sorry.." Oz flinched and turned around.

          "Look at his face everyone!" Damien snickered. "I heard you've been in town yesterday. Did you give your right hand a date?" Damien sneered. Everybody laughed at that pathetic reference to masturbation.

          "No, I... it wasn't a date." Oz' voice trailed quietly, he nearly whispered, naturally he thought about Y/N and he didn't want people to make rumours about them. Everybody heard him and they laughed harder.

          "Of course it wasn't a date! Oh, my God, how dumb can he be?!" Vera joined in. "Now talking about facts, Damien, this nerd actually was with someone." She said. "I wonder how much he paid that fool.. Or maybe it was his cousin that went out with him out of pity!" Vera added and the halls roared with laughter.

          "At least he didn't talk to himself. Oh, wait! What if (she/he) wasn't even real? This freak can handle shadows, right? Maybe that's what he did!" Miranda joined the 'fun'.

          "Excuse me." Someone spoke up. Everybody turned their heads towards the voice, it was Y/N! "Mind eating shit somewhere else? Like, all of you?? 'Cos I'm tryina' get to my boyfriend and you seem to bother him with your mouthfull of shit." Everybody went silent and looked offended. "Yeah, I am talking to all of you since you didn't do or say anything to stop this shit eating session."

          "You talk a lot about shit eating. Is that your thing or someshit, fuck face?" Damien spat at Y/N.

          "Listen here, boy toy, I'd like to play with you, I really do! You see, I haven't skinned someone in a long time, nor drink their blood. BUT, right now I have a boyfriend, I'm in a serious relationship so I have no time to fuck around." Y/N gave a smile deeped in venom. "But if we break up I'll look for you and shove my toy up your ass so far you will taste leather for at least a month, maybe blood too." (She/He) said and hoped happily bu Oz' side and pecked him on the lips lovingly. "What are you looking at, slaves? SCRAM!" Y/N added in a sadistic manner.

           "O-okay.. we'll scram! Jeez!" Damien scoffed and left with Miranda and Vera, the two of them looked pretty disturbed. The others minded their own business, too affraid to even take a look.

          "Thank you." Oz said quietly.

          "No problem, darling!~" Y/N giggled, making Oz' heart grow.

          That's how you started dating. Thanks to that incident you were now married with two adorable babies!