Chapter 3

Tomorrow marks the 2nd week, they said after 3 weeks if shes not improving we have to decide to move her upstairs where they see if she will wake or we pull the plug. Im praying every night that she wakes up.

"Any changes?" Liam had asked when he walked in with Luke. I shook my head.

"Well we are headed home for the night." Luke said as they left.

"Come on baby, wake up for me. I love you." I said laying my head on her arm.

"mmm.I...lu-love you..mm too." She managed to get out. It looked painful to talk.

"Baby?!?" I jumped up when i heard her. "NURSE!" a few seconds later the nurse ran in and I bent down and kissed Bella then kissed her on her forehead. I then called Liam, Luke, Blake, Jes, and her dad.

Bellas POV

"She's awake?!?" Liam yelled as he ran into the room. I sat up some in my bed with the help of James.

"I am." I managed to get out with a small groan. It was a little painful to talk.

"DONT YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN! YOU UNDERSTAND BELLS? YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF US!" Luke said when he walked in.

"Understood." I said back softly.

"Okay. Miss Isabella you will be able to return home Friday. But, you will be out of school for 2 months. And will have an appointment once a week until then. You will be on crutches for 1 month. And your brace will need to stay on until we let you know to take it off. You will be able to do crutches with the arm brace. Its just to help support your arm. Now, boys she will need help, is there a girl around?" The nurse asked as she looked at my dad as he walked in.

"She has Jes." James stated. "Her best friend."

"Will she be around?" The nurse asked while looking at everyone in the room.

"Hell yeah!" Jes said as she entered the room and walked over and gave me a light hug.

"Good, she will not be able to shower or bathe, do her hair, or makeup, without help." The nurse said. Jes nodded. "Do you understand everything medically Miss Isabella?" I nodded.

"I do have 1 question. the nurse nodded to go ahead. Is there any good food here?" I asked being totally serious while everyone started laughing.

"We will get you some food." The nurse said as she exited the room. The next few days went by pretty fast, everyone was in my room all the time. My dad would come in for a few hours a day. Liam and Luke would leave for the night and school. But, they would stop by before and after school. James only left when I told him to. I would tell him to go take showers cause he stank. And he left once for school to get our work, he was gonna be out with me. Honestly, he must have good connections at the school, I don't know why they would let him miss school for a girlfriend. Jes would do the same as Liam and Luke. But, she would bring me all the drama and gossip.

"Well it is Friday Miss Bella." The nurse said. "You get to go home. Your dad is signing your discharge papers and i will go grab you a wheelchair. Will one of you boys go pull up the car?"

"I got it!" Luke yelled as he ran out of the room. The nurse returned to the room with the wheelchair and James helped me get in it. We got out of the hospital. When we arrived at my house, I sat in the car for a little bit. I hadn't been home in weeks.

"Can you hand me my crutches?" I asked James as he walked over to me.

"Here." He said as he handed them to me. He helped me out of the truck and on the ground. I started doing the crutches and slipped but thankfully James was right behind me. He caught me.

"Here, give me your crutches." I handed him my crutches in confusion. Then he leaned them against the car. He put my arm around his neck and put his hands on my back and under my knees. He lifted me up bridal style. He carried me into the house with no problem. When we got into the house all i saw were cards, flowers, and my family. I smiled and James laid me on the couch. We dont want you trying to get upstairs and back down so we set you up in the living room. We have your pillow and sheets on the couch and your dresser right there, your tv and book there. He told me where everything was and pointed to them and i just lifted up and pulled his face to mine. I gave him a light kiss and whispered,

"I love you so much." he just smiled and lifted up.

"You should be good to go." He said as he went into the kitchen to get me water. My dad had followed him in there.

James POV

"Hey son, we put some pillows and blankets on the chair in the living room and your dad dropped off a bag of clothes for you and we got you a toothbrush and hygiene stuff." Her dad said as I turned around focusing my attention on him.

"I dont understand sir?" I asked in confusion. "My dad stopped by?"

"You have only helped my little girl, and I have never seen her happier. I would like it if you stayed here with her. I trust you to not try anything. So there is stuff so you can make a pallet on the floor next to her. And your dad had given me a call checking on Bella and asked if he could do anything. And I told him about me wanting you to stay the night. And he said he would drop off some clothes for you. Your father is a good man." He explained to me and I just nodded.

"I would be happy if you let me stay here with your daughter sir. Thank You." I said as I walked back into the living room.

Bellas POV

"What was that about?" I asked James as he walked back into the living room and sat next to me.

"He wants me to stay here with you. Overnight." He told me.

"Woah. He likes you." We both started laughing. 2 weeks went by and James stayed with me 24/7. We did our school work, watched movies, played games, kissed, and laughed. It was amazing.

"Only 2 more weeks on crutches." James said as he walked in with popcorn.

"I'm not even on crutches, I never leave this couch and when I do you carry me everywhere." She said laughing.

"If you dont want me carrying you I wont. I'll leave you and you can get around on your own." James said to me trying not to laugh.

"No, baby, l love it when you carry me. Just like you love me." I said as I kissed him.

"Marry me." He said to me. And I laughed a little then I realized he was serious.