Chapter 8 : Fate

Merida's P.O.V

I jolted from the loud roar of the thunder, While it was raining heavily. It was already dawn and I couldn't sleep. The fact that I was back in to the same situation where I thought its over, and the thought of ruling is making me overthink, To the point that it made my head hurt.

I heaved a heavy sigh and got up from the bed and sat by the window, looking outside when the fogs were covering the whole mountain hills.

My mind drifted off. Thinking about the things of where did I go wrong. I learned my lesson the hard way about changing my fate and about the relationship with my mother.

It's all over, Everything was fixed, and about the suitors, It may have been a disgrace that I haven't chosen one of them. But we were all happy.

It was my happy ever after.

I proved myself a warrior. That I could create and make peace between clans. I thought it was enough to prove my worth as a crowned princess of the tribe.

I'm still very young at heart, I have so much to learn. I became open-minded. I've matured enough from the wrong decisions I have made. I've faced my responsibilities for all my faults.

It's too early, too fast to marry. I don't even want to have an arranged marriage to a person I don't even know or love.

Even if I have come to know them. Will they be willing to take me, Even if I act without my title. Princess or Queen.

Will they only see me as someone who could benefit their tribe? Or who would make the bonds between clans stronger?

Will the marriage only be a benefit for our people?

Believe me, Even If I act like a boy. These things still matter the most. I'm a girl after all.

The thought of it makes me started wheezing, and before I knew it, tears started to cascade down my cheeks.

I hugged my knees tight as I squeezed my chest. It felt like I'm being constricted inside.

I continued to sob, letting my tears fall. I don't care if it blurred my vision. I just want to pour what I've been holding inside me out. Since two nights ago.

The same question keep on repeating inside my head.

"Where did I go wrong?"

-----------------------------------------------

Hiccup's P.O.V

During the whole flight, The scene by the lake kept replaying back. There's something wrong with how and what I am supposed to feel.

I just went through a break up with my fiancée. No. I'm not thinking of anything beyond this new friendship.

She's just an acquaintance that is a princess. Our meeting was just a coincidence.

Somehow it was quite funny how we met in the most improper and informal way, and plus, it was in a place where you don't find a royalty to be hanging out alone with their horse.

Especially when its a princess. Bandits could be out hiding in the woods. But she seemed capable of protecting herself.

From the way she held that sword, You could totally see that she's used to holding weapons.

However, I must keep in mind that, She's just an acquaintance, nothing more.

I hoped that our last interaction has made her feel better. Considering her situation. She must be in a rough mood by then.