Chapter 4

"Where is Alias?" Damien asked right away, not breaking our eye contact and completely ignoring Janice.

"How would I know that?" I stated with a sarcastic smile, earning myself a glare from him.

"He is your bodyguard Amanda."

"But I'm not the one who appointed him Damien."

All the while the ones surrounding us just looked from left to right, from Damien to me and back again.

It was always "a sight to behold" when we talked, as per Em. It was nothing such but yes only a handful talked to Damien the way I do and none of them included anyone from our classes, which I have no idea why.

"He didn't show up today in the morning." Thank God for that.

I was against having a bodyguard follow me around from the beginning. It just drew too much attention. But neither Damien or Dad would listen to my words.

"I can see that," Damien said stating the obvious with a cool facade this time. "You should have informed me." Yeah like ever I would've.

"I assumed Alias would inform his boss before taking a leave." I spoke in a cool manner emphasising on the word, "boss". There was a moment of silence after I spoke.

"Hugo will be at your service for the day." Damien said while taking out his phone. WHAT? Did I hear him right?

Everyone around us stared at him with wide eyes. Looks like I did hear him right.

Is he seriously giving me away Hugo for the day? The guy who's practically his right hand. Damien never went anywhere without Hugo! This wasn't just hard to believe for me but to everyone who were around and heard his statement.

"There's absolutely no need for that Damien." I think I can go well without a bodyguard, I wanted to add but his glare didn't let me continue.

"Darling you're joking right?" Janice stated with a nervous laugh. Damien just looked at her for a second before placing his phone on his ear paying no attention to her or me.

"You're fired." He simply said before hanging up and turning to leave back to his practice before taking one last look at me. He was seriously more annoying than his plastic girlfriend.

"Hey Sammy! What are you doing here kiddo?" Aaron's voice brought me back to reality. Turning around I saw Samantha already sitting beside me with a huge file on her lap, probably containing her recent investigations. This teen is crazy I tell you!

"Hey don't call me that!" Sam whined looking at Aaron while hugging me from the side.

"But that's what you are. A little whining kid." Aaron said laughing while lying on the sofa opposite us.

Suddenly I saw Sam launching herself towards him making me laugh harder seeing Aaron squirm under her. I laughed at their silly fight.

"Say you're sorry," Sam commanded sitting on top of Aaron.

"No...I...won't" Aaron spoke between laughters and Sam just jumped on him again with more pressure making me laugh harder.

"Okay! Okay! Sorry! Now get up you fatso! I freaking just had cheese pizza!" Sam stood up dusting her hands smiling with glory while Aaron breathed heavily for more air. I still couldn't stop laughing and mistakenly made Sam's file fall to the floor. I bent to pick it up when I saw "Damien Carter" written on the side of the file.

"What the hell is this Samantha?" There was no laughing bubble lingering in the room anymore after they heard my voice. I was angry. I have no idea why but just by reading his name I felt more anger rushing through me.

"Amanda, Dad's pretty much set on getting you two married. So I thought why not do a little research on him. You know just to see what he really is." She said with a shrug.

"I know him from head to toe and trust me the guy's golden." Aaron spoke sitting leisurely on the sofa.

"People change a lot as time passes Aaron." Samantha countered.

"Yeah sure but I've met him in parties a couple of times after he left. We even went for drinks a few times. He's pretty chill."

"By chill do you mean the womanizer that he is?"

"Well everyone has a few downsides and this is not completely tru..."

"Shut up both of you!" I interjected between their discussion.

"I will not be marrying him. So there is no need for any sort of investigation. Get that through your head." I said pointing towards Sam.

"As for you, I don't know what magical spell that Carter has put on you and Dad but I at least expected you to be on my side Aaron."

"I am on your side!"

"You're defending him with whatever Sam is saying against him!" I said quickly standing up and packing my bag.

"What are you doing? Where are you going Am? Dad told me to take you home!" Samantha whined coming in front of me.

"I don't care! Just leave me alone all of you. Aaron, you can go and party with your buddy. Samantha, you can go home now 'cause I'll be staying at Venessa's place tonight. Bye!" And with that I left almost running towards the elevator ignoring their calls from behind.

I really didn't expect my own siblings to behave like this. Why would I want to investigate him? I know what he is. He's a jerk and an arrogant one at that. He'll get whatever he want no matter what it puts him or others through. But if he wants me, no matter how much, he'll never get me. I'm not going to let that happen.

I wanted to forget him. I wanted to forget everything that happened today. I wanted to scream out the anger that was building inside me. I knew just the thing that could help me cool down and also might help me be able to forget all these things, at least for a little while.

I got in my car and drove as fast as I could reaching in front of Venessa's door in no time. Venessa has always been there for me since the first day we met at college. I burst in tears in her arms as soon as she opened the door.

***
Poor Amanda...

Please don't forget to vote, comment or share. Have a wonderful day!