Chapter 6

Christa

        I heard a faint knock on the stall door which was odd because the only person who might have wanted to come in here with me would be Patrick, and we know he wouldn't be caught walking into a girls restroom. I didn't move from my corner but I lifted my head slightly so I could see who the intruder was.

        “Patrick put your stuff away.” Anna stood there awkwardly looking around before finally sliding my bag over to me. “Well...” She paused and started to slowly ease her way out of the doorway and towards to exit. “See ya later... feel better!” I heard the door close and the click of the handle.

        Finally alone. I dug through my bag and yanked my sketchbook out. Immediately it opened to the page where I drew Patrick. Patrick... he said he loves me... I stared at the picture and remembered the kiss. It was my first kiss, and it was amazing. I thought back to the first time we'd met, immediately when I laid my eyes on him, I felt such a strong lust for him. He was wearing his thick rimmed glassed with a 'I <3 Bingo' cap and was laughing his head off with Anna. Holy crap, his smile.. My stomach churned inside at the thought of him smiling and laughing. I looked down at the picture and immediately felt tears sting my eyes. He only did that because he feels bad for you you dumb bitch. Ever heard of pity? Besides, you're just a fat nobody and he's one of the most popular guys at school. I guess it would make sense if it was all out of pity... He never expressed any liking for me other than when we first hung out outside of school. But even then it was because it was cold and I was tired. I closed my eyes and revisited that day.

~~

        “C'mon Christa! It's just snow!” Patrick ran up the slope leading to the forest by Rosebrook Park. He finally reached the top and gave me the impatient 'look at watch and tap foot' move as I slumped up the slope.

        “Yeah, I know.. but if you were sinking into it, you'd be slow too!” I reached down and grabbed a handful of snow when he turned and examined where we were. “And if it's just snow,” I shoved it down his shirt, “then why are you running from it?”

         He violently shook his shoulders to try and dislodge the snow from his back and ended up running around in circles holding his shirt out as to allow the icy crystals to fall free back to the ground. I couldn't help but laugh and ended up lying on my back clutching my stomach from laughing too hard.

        “Oh yeah?” I looked at him through squinted eyes and made out his figure grabbing a ton of snow in both of his hands. “Well how's this?” He stood over me and held the giant cluster of snow right over my face.

        “Please Patrick don't!” I extended my arms to create a hand shield from the snow but it didn't work out very well; the snow hit my hands and ended up toppling over the sides of them while only a little bit of the snowball actually stayed on top of my hands. The snow cascaded onto my face and chest. “SHIT! THAT'S COLD!” I sat up and shook my head to try and get rid of the snow, but all the snow did was fall onto my exposed collar bones and then down into my shirt. This caused Patrick to almost die laughing. He did what I did and slowly collapsed onto the floor laughing like a hyena. “You shouldn't have done that Mr. Stump.” I mustered the best angry face I could and crawled over to where he was. I climbed onto his torso so he couldn't get up and started tickling him and much as I could.

        “No... stop!” He managed to only utter out those words in between laughing fits he had. When he finally managed to grab and restrain my hands with his, I pinned those down above his head and looked him in the eyes.

        “I'm gonna get my cold revenge on you...” I tried looking at him very stern way but kept laughing at his attempt to do the same. “You're gonna wish you had never do-” He sat up and we stared at each other eye to eye. It was at this time that we both looked down and realized I was straddling him. “Oh um...” I quickly climbed off of him and felt my face flush red. Oh my god what was I doing? He'll never want to talk to me now! I glanced over at his face and saw he was blushing too.