Meet the Neighbours

Connor ran his fingers through his hair, adjusting a few fly away strands. He winked at his own reflection and was part way through shooting him self with finger guns when he noticed Hank stood behind him.

He turned around to face the man, smiling sheepishly at the fact that he'd been caught. Hank just shook his head whilst rolling his eyes, trying not to show the grin forming on his face.

"How do I look?" He asked, holding out his arms for Connor to see the full pattern of the shirt. It was a pale blue, with a black and white checkered pattern.

"You look great," Connor smiled, "but why don't you undo another button? Twos a good number!" He gestured at how he had left his top two buttons undone. It gave his deep red shirt a more relaxed feel.

"I would leave them undone," Hank started, pulling his collar aside, "but some horny fucker left claw marks all over my neck." He shot Connor a look with one eyebrow raised.

The Android simply smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "It was payback for these." He pulled open his own shirt to show the blue marks Hank had left all over his chest.

The man bit his lip as he gazed over the Android's chest.
"I have no regrets for that, Connor."

Connor began doing his shirt back up painfully slowly, looking at the man in the eye.

Hank rolled his eyes and pretended to check his watch whilst waiting. Connor laughed, nudging him playfully.
"Do you have the cookies?"

Hank picked up a plate that was covered with foil, and nodded.

"Right, lets go to this bbq!" Connor said excitedly. He had never experienced this kind of gathering before and was excited to get to know everyone in their little neighbourhood.

They approached their neighbours front door and Hank knocked loudly. After a few seconds, the door flew open.

"You made it!" Kane pulled them into a group hug before noticing what was in Hank's hand.

"We made cookies," Hank said, rubbing the back of his neck.
"It was a simple recipe but we wanted to bring something with us. It was Connor's idea."

The Android smiled from behind his partner, small dimples appearing on his cheeks.

"Thank you! You two are so sweet!" Kane smiled, taking the plate from Hank's hand.
"Come right in, we're in the back yard."

Kane led the two through his house to a large outdoor area where a tall dark skinned man was stood over a large BBQ, wearing an apron with 'kiss the cook' written across the front. His head was shaved and his eyes were a vibrant green. He smiled warmly upon seeing the new faces in his household.

"Boys, this is Damien. My better half."

Hank held out a hand to the tall figure, who took it and shook it warmly.

"I'm Hank Anderson, this is my partner, Connor."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you," Damien said. His voice was smooth and calm and his smile warm and genuine.
"Make yourself at home. The food will be done soon."

Connor took this opportunity to scan him, mostly out of curiosity. The scan indicated that his name was Damien Wright, he was 34 years old, married, and worked in the entertainment career.