━ one: clash of the summers

・・★・・・・・・★・・

・・★・・・・・・★・・

CHAPTER ONE

CLASH OF THE SUMMERS

・・★・・・・・・★・・

     IT WAS SAFE to confirm that Charlotte Hope is classified as a lot of things.

      For starters, she's twenty-four years old. She's the only child of Raymond and Amelia Summers. Practically, born and raised in Central City, she's a native of Ohio. Having dark hair, brown eyes, and being able to stand at least five feet five inches (unless you catch her wearing heels, she's measured up to be at least five feet six inches, but you get the picture).

     She's known as a celebrity around Central City, having a strong found love for different fashion statements. In her spare time, she is known for having a famous blogspot surfacing around the internet, highlighting the latest fashion do's and don'ts and covering entertaining things that happen around time. She's the only person in her family to pursue an actual name for herself that has nothing to do with crime or scandal related activities.

     At least that was her lifetime goal: turn out better than your parents.

     As the daughter of a mafia related family, watching her father abuse drugs, kill off innocent families, and her mother following right behind him, she had the gut feeling that she was going to turn out better than both of her parents. And, even if it meant losing her family name in exchange for something a little for bright and hopeful — because often, people seem to assume that the last name Summers, bring sunshine and good things — she was going to do it.

     By the age of fourteen, when Charlotte decided to stand up to her father, rather than stay locked up in her room like she always did, the whole thing about changing her name and making something better for herself, didn't quite sit well with the young father Raymond Summers, at the time. Instead of choosing to plan a path to one day, take over the "family business" with her father, Charlotte Summers decided on something different. Something that made both Amelia and Raymond laugh in the young teary-eyed girl's face. Out of all the jobs in the entire world, Charlotte had planned her future career choice as a lawyer. Rather than, threatening his own blood like he did for the rest of his client's, he leaned down to the small child and labeled her as weak.

     And from that moment, little Charlotte Hope was scarred for life by that adjective.

      She would be classified as weak three months later as she watched her mother die right in front her eyes as a mysterious man fired three shots at the late Amelia Summers, in revenge for the latest hit Raymond and his posse committed. She would be labeled as weak three years later when she was called to testify against her father for the robbery and homicide of Nancy Turner and her family, Central City's second billionaire. And she would be labeled as weak when her father was sentenced to life in behind bars, therefore putting a fork in the road for the famous mob.