━ five: return of the goddess

・・★・・・・・・★・・

・・★・・・・・・★・・

CHAPTER FIVE

RETURN OF THE GODDESS

・・★・・・・・・★・・

         WITH ONE HAND carrying a cup of coffee and the other one scrolling through her phone, Charlotte made her way through the halls of S.T.A.R Labs. Well, actually ran through the halls of S.T.A.R Labs. Her heart jumped with excitement as she received an update from Cisco about her suit. The excitement of having a new suit for her alter ego made Charlotte forget about the awkwardness between Barry and Patty. Admittingly, Charlotte had felt like an extreme third wheel between the two that she was desperate to make a great escape, which is why she was extremely relieved when Barry took her back to S.T.A.R Labs.

       Anyways. As she walked inside the workshop, the sound of mumbling could be heard from the corner of the room. She glanced over at Dr. Stein, who was looking at one of marker boards, studying over the work that had been written on it. Different equations and solutions had been plastered all over the board made Charlotte dizzy just looking at. Which explained why after a couple minutes of staring, she managed to cause attention to herself as she bumped into a desk, dropping a couple of papers.

       Dr. Stein looked over at her, hurriedly running over to help her. "Miss Hope, I didn't notice you come in—"

       "Oh, uh, Cisco told me to meet him in his workshop," she said. Her knees bent down to the floor as she picked up the papers. She pushed back strands of hair behind her ears. "But I guess, he's off doing something else."

       "Ah, yes, I presume that you are here to see your new suit," he said.

        Charlotte smiled. By now, the papers had been all picked up off of the floor and placed neatly back on the floor, and with the assistance of Dr. Stein she stood back up... "Yeah, I guess you presume right."

       He nods at her. She takes a seat on the edge of Cisco's desk, carefully moving anything that could be important out of the way. She knew Cisco would be pissed if she accidentally crumbled something. He also would be upset if he found her sitting on his desk. But that was honestly the least of her troubles.

      "What do you think of all this, Miss Hope?" asks Dr. Stein. Charlotte gives him a look. He laughs a little. "Do you believe Mister Garrick and in the possibility of different time lapse of Earths?"

       "I mean, I don't know," says Charlotte, shrugging her shoulders. "It's really not every day that you hear about a time lapse of different Earths. I think that there might be a possibility of it, considering that the world that we live in has superheroes and villains with powers."