━ three: house of memories

・・★・・・・・・★・・

・・★・・・・・・★・・

CHAPTER THREE

HOUSE OF MEMORIES

・・★・・・・・・★・・

     IT WAS ALL READY ENOUGH that Joe had offered her a deal, and Charlotte thought that nothing else much could come out of it. Stay in Central City, help catch bad guys, capture (and maybe kill) her dad, and go back to Starling. But, alas, just as things couldn't get any better, Joe steps in and offers a small dilemma, work with The Flash.

     Those words. That phrase. That sentence mocked Charlotte all throughout the night. Her mind raced through the many options she had, which basically only came down a one since she failed on her own: work with The Flash. But how could she? How could she work again with someone, who she recalls as someone who she might have let get too involved with her life? Maybe she was too transparent? Maybe she was too vulnerable? Maybe she was weak?

     No, no no. Don't think like that.

     Charlotte only managed to make a few good friends, while she previously stayed in Central City, but she only had three that she had become really close with. Barry Allen, Cisco Ramon, and Caitlin Snow. Before, Cisco and Caitlin had taken her under their wing, aiding her in the fight to make Central City safe again, later on, taking Barry aboard their crazy superhero train, together making them the unbreakable team. At least that's what they all thought.

     Since then, numerous things have happened. According to Joe, Cisco as works a scientific advisor at CCPD. Caitlin worked for Mercury Labs, S.T.A.R Labs' competition, but soon quit due to unknown circumstances. Barry was finally able to provide evidence that proved his father's innocence to his mother's brutal murder.

     However, despite Charlotte being burdened with the unlucky two human beings she had known as her parents, she was very incredibly lucky in the friendship department. But still, it had been months since she saw all of them. Since she had heard from any of them. But that was mostly her fault. After a month of disappearing, she changed her all of her contact info, mainly because of her father might be able to trace her location, but still, they never bothered to stay in contact.

     So, Charlotte imagined things would be completely awkward if she walked back into their lives after not speaking to them for a whole six months. She had her suitcase packed the night before, casual and formal clothes had been neatly placed, along with various heels and boots, and a couple of magazines to keep her company. Along with her suitcases was a duffle bag positioned close, guarded by numerous smaller suitcases. Inside, her alter ego's uniform was neatly placed, various weaponry stored inside just in case.

     It was around lunchtime. Charlotte had been reading one of her fashion magazines when the train had finally come to a halt. The rest of the passengers were out of their seats, swarming to the nearest exit. And then there was Charlotte. With more than two suitcases and a duffle bag, she tugged and pulled herself, along with her belongs out of the train.