chapter four

The Strangers chappy 4

Kayla P.o.V

i walked into hot topic and saw this green and white Misfit shirt. i instantly thought of Jacob. i've been thinking about him a lot lately. i mean who wouldn't? he's so smart,handsome, funny, adorable, his smile is gorgeous, he gives me butterflies, and he is just .... perfect. i went to the cash register to see an old lady. "Are you ready to pay ma'am?" she spoke really slowly "yes i am." she slowly scanned the shirt. OMG COME ON LADY! "Will...that.... be all?" her hands shook as she fixed her glasses "yes ma'am." "that..will..be.. 12..57...no no...10....56..no no-" i cut her off. "you know what here, take this twenty and keep the change." i smiled and slid the twenty to her as polite as possible. i mean she was like 80. was she even qualified to work here? "thank.. you..come...again." by the time she had finished i was already in the middle of the hallway on my way to forever 21. i walked in and saw Jacob and lyric walking out the other door. i think i should spy. i bought these cute black shades. i walked out the store behind a large man. spinning around and hiding behind a plant. not to sound retarded but i was playing spy music in my head while this was going on. i saw them walk into a jewelry store and when i looked in they were looking at rings? i saw lyric put on a ring and show him. he smiled and she squealed and hugged Jacob. i knew it, he doesn't want me, i thought he actually liked me, i guess i was wrong. i felt hot tears run down my face so i snatched off my shades. Jacob looked up and he walked towards me. i ran, i ran out the mall and down the street. i had already gave my keys to Chres so i couldn't drive home so i just walked to the curb and completely broke down. i hated when i did this, i hate crying over them, im always the one hurt. it's either they're abusive or they always cheat. i don't know what i do wrong,I'm nothing but nice to people. what did i do to deserve this!? "k-kayla?" i heard a deep husky voice cry out. i knew that voice. it was marshall. Don't turn around, what ever you do don't turn around. he sat beside me and rubbed my cheek, making me flinch. he's done nothing but hurt me too. beat on me, grip me up, he even tried to.....*mentally gulps* rape me. "it's alright." he stroked my arm but i pulled away... "look little girl I'm tryna help yo lonely ass!" "well i don't need your help!" he yanked me up by my hair and started dragging me to his car, "HELP HELP PLEASE SOMEBODY HELLPP!" my hair was let go of and Marshall fell to the ground. Jacob pounced on him and was beating him brutally in the face. i pulled him off when marshall moving, " Jacob stop!! please!" i can tell he was still angry as i pulled him off. "what is wrong with you?!" "HE HURT YOU...NOBODY HURTS YOU!!" "THEN WHY DID YOU!?!" he paused for a second and smirked. what the hell is he SMIRKING FOR? "Kayla you don't understand.. i was picking out that ring for you."

Jacob P.o.V

Me and lyric decided to get kayla a gift to show how much i like her. We walked to K Jewelers. I got caught up looking at Rolexes when lyric came to me with a beautiful ring on her finger, (mind that we got a couple thousand dollars to go shopping for ourselves) " This is so her!" i couldn't do anything but smile. the ring was simple, but it didn't go all out, just like her. she hugged me, "She is gonna freak!" "i can't wa-" my sentence was cut off by the sight of kayla. she was...she was crying. i walked towards her. what happened? Did she think me and lyric was together? before i could get close to her she ran out of the mall. i ran after her but when i walked out the door she was no where to be found. i looked throughout the parking lot. I sat in front of the mall and looked down at my hands. What's wrong with her? Was it me? I promised i wasn't gonna hurt her, i just- "HELP HELP PLEASE SOMEBODY HELLPP!" I shot my head in the direction of the voice to see kayla being pulled by her hair.. by none other than Marshall. I saw red as i sprinted to Marshall and punched him in his Jaw. I jumped on top of him. All the memories of him came flowing back to me. His insults, the pain, the constant beatings, all the anger and hatred i had towards him came out and i couldn't stop. i just kept punching until i saw blood. " Jacob stop!! please!" i was pulled back, i still wanted to kill that little punk for what he did to us. "what is wrong with you?! "HE HURT YOU... NOBODY HURTS YOU!" "THEN WHY DID YOU?" i thought for a second. She was talking about what happened in the jewelry store. i smirked, "kayla you don't understand.. i was picking out that ring for you." "what?" "it was for you," i told her the story ,"i feel so stupid. Ugh im such an idiot!" i chuckled and hugged her. "JACOB LOOK OUT!" she pushed me out the way and BANG! 💥 she fell to the ground. i looked over at marshall to see him holding his nose with a gun in his hand. "You thought this was over? oh no this is just the beginning." and with that he ran off. i ran over to her. and called the ambulance. "kayla don't you let go ok?" she weakly shook her head. i rocked her back and forth as she rapped her hands around my waist. " its okay baby.. everything is gonna be okay." i said trying to keep back the tears. If she dies i will find him and I WILL KILL HIM! She spoke in no more than a whisper. " just know....that it's not your fault...okay?....you tried your best." she smiled and coughed blood on my green shirt. "shh your waisting you energy. don't say anything else." she shook her head and laid her head in my lap as the ambulance pulled up and took her away from me. I jumped in the truck with them. i sat beside her as i watched her stomach rise and fall rapidly. i held her hand and she smiled weakly, squeezing my hand. her grip got weaker and weaker until. Beeeeeeeeeeeep, my worst nightmare has been realized. "Speed it up we're losing her!" one of the parametics shouted. " i need 200 CC's stat!" he yelled again "clear!" her chest rose and fell but still the one tone. beeeeeeeeeeeep, he tried again, "Clear!" her chest rose and fell. I was histerical at this point, "Kayla don't you leave me!"

Kayla P.o.V

I couldn't hear jacob's voice or the parametics anymore. It was pitch black, until i saw a small light. i walked towards it. i stopped, What am i doing DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT! but the more i struggled to stay away the more i was pulled towards it. i saw white clouds, am i...dead? NO this can't be, this isn't happening! then a lady walked up to me with and white gown. "Nana?" i called out. "Is..is that you?" she shook her head. "Come here sugar lumps!" i ran to her and embraced her. " Nana why am i here?" "We're deciding weather you should live or not." "PLEASE LET ME LIVE! i have my whole life ahead of me. and what about-" "Jacob?" i shook my head "take a look" she knelt down and opened the cloud. I saw my body being taken into the ER while my freinds and family were all in the waiting room crying. Then marshall came in he said something and jacob charged at him Marshall tried to shoot Jacob. he was shot in the arm.NO! I covered my mouth "Nana can i help?!?" "sure hun." she moved out the way and let me take control. i made the gun fly out of Marshall's hand and break on the wall. He looked so puzzeled. I laughed, my dad tackled marshall and Lyric's mom called the police while jacob was taken into surgery. i looked over at my Nana. "Can I go back down now?" A loud voice came out of nowhere, "yes little one, you may go." i smiled, said thank you, hugged Nana, and walked back into the darkness. I'm coming Jacob.

Lyric P.o.V

This is not happening. This is why I hate Marshall with a passion. We're all in the waiting room histerical. everyone's here, her cousins, her mom. my mom, her dad, kia (nudge nudge lmao) Chres, Ray, and Jay...he got it the worst, he looks so angry, talkin to himself. i went over there to comfort him and he brokedown completely. i hugged him aand rocked him back and forth. "everthing's okay she's gonna be fine." he cried on my shoulder. I was the only one calm about this because i know my best friend. she's a fighter, and always thinking positive. I know she's gonna pull through. As we continued to confort one another someone burst through the door. It was Marshall, "WHAT UP BITCHES!" When Jacob saw him he went bizerk and charged at him. Marshall pulled out a gun and shot jacob in the arm. "OMG JACOB!" I ran to him, Marshall was about to shoot me but the gun flew out of his hand and broke into peices when it hit the wall. I knew she was still there. kayla's dad tackled marshall. "Mom call the Police!" i yelled as the doctor took Jacob. 20 minutes later the cops came to take marshall. "You think this is over?! oh no NOT EVEN CLOSE!" he yelled as the policeman put him in the car. "this isn't over!" he yelled again through the glass. I don't know what he has in store for us, but i don't like it.