6

Flashback

Flashback

"You know where you want to have the wedding?" Liam looks to his mum and shrugs continuing to flip through the binder filled with different locations for weddings "ooh how about this one?" she points to a colorful, peaceful picture where the ceremony would take place along the beach as the sun sets perfectly while the dinner would take place in a large, elegant room.

"that's beautiful" Liam comments after eyeing the beautiful location for a while. He couldn't help just imagine him and Stephen getting married along the beach, giving their vows and kissing as the sun sets giving off a magnificent glow against their skin.

"How about in Hawaii!" she exclaims excitedly knowing Liam's rich fiancé wouldn't mind setting the big day in a different location.

"Mum, that's too much" he replies disliking how much his mum likes to take advantage of his fiance's wealth. Their small talk was soon interrupted when the handsome lad he had just thought of walks in with his phone to his ear.

"Yes well I don't care who does it, I want it done now" he argues with a very irritated look on his face "look I just got home, get it done or you're fired" he ends the call looking up to finally notice his soon to be mother in law sitting on the couch next to his fiancé "oh hello Karen" he walks over to give a kiss on the cheek of the smiling woman "what're my two favorite people doing?"

"deciding where your guys' wedding will be" she answers excitedly while her son sits beside her a little embarrassed from her confession. Liam looks to his fiancé trying to find some type of reaction but doesn't get any. Karen's phone then goes off causing her to step out of the room for a moment to answer the call.

Liam looks up to the blue eyed man again after his mum leaves the room hoping he's excited to help him plan for the wedding especially since they haven't had time for the past year.

He flips to the page where it's a beach wedding, the one he was looking at a moment ago "I was thinking we could have it at a beach, it'd be nice and mesmerizing. What do you think?" Liam suggests shyly noticing how distant the other man was "Stephen...hello?"

"Sorry" he mumbles looking down to the picture barely even examining it"I'll just hire someone to plan the whole thing" he replies not bothering to put in effort on planning the thing himself.

"But I wanted for us to plan it" Liam is upset from what he just heard. He understand Stephen has a though, busy job with handling his father's business while he's sick but he wanted to experience this magical moment with him and enjoy each minute of it.

"I'm busy Liam, you need to understand"

"But Steph-"

"Just stop. We've had this discussion already, I'm going to hire someone and that's it." Liam didn't bother trying to argue because as soon as Stephen was done with his statement, his mum enters with her usual bright smile.