[2] the only exception

8|12|18

Please c h e c k updated end notes.

☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

Wednesday.

        Basking in the peace of Taehyung's apartment, Nayeon let herself casually drape over the couch and drop her phone on the floor without a care. She breathed out slowly, eyes closing and drowsy mind wandering to a space full of thoughts about her boyfriend.

        The night before, Taehyung had told her he will be out early in the morning for something important—he didn't elaborate properly—and that she stay in the apartment until he comes home. He even urged her to go to her work late, pull a half day if she had to. She had asked why, but he just begged for her to do it. Nayeon, being the sweet, faithful girlfriend she was, decided to do so even if that wasn't part of their deal. Work was work, but . . .

        "Just for tomorrow, please, Nayeonie?"

        She wouldn't say no to him, especially when he used that expression and tone. She just found it surprising that he left around five in the morning. She missed him already. Nayeon thought of surprising him when he comes home, but she didn't know what to do. The rest of the day, she spent it scrolling through her feeds, talking to her best friends, reading articles and emails sent by her boss, and scrolling through her feeds again.

        Her phone buzzed.

I'll be there in 30. Go eat breakfast.
7:12 AM

Take care of yourself dear
7:12 AM

        Nayeon replied with a "take care as well" accompanied with a few emojis she loved to use when talking to him and forced herself to get moving. Finding the energy to do something productive, she decided to start by doing the laundry, which was simply tossing detergent, fabric softener, and used clothes in the washing machine Taehyung was able to buy for himself.

        She immediately thought of how she used to do laundry, how she had to put clothes in a large basin and step on it with her bare feet because that was how she was taught. An idea of doing laundry with Taehyung popped in her mind before getting a bit flustered for herself. The idea was a tad too domestic and quite foreign . . . but she thought about it again.

        The laundry should take twenty-seven minutes so she pressed the start button and left to the kitchen. She returned the cleaned kitchenware to its rightful places before deciding to cook herself some egg rolls. She liked egg rolls with diced ham and green onions, but seeing no ham in the fridge, she opted for the leftover meat in the refrigerator. In a few minutes, she served herself comfortably and once again, basked in the peace of her boyfriend's apartment.

        Her focus wandered off to that space again; where she thinks of how their hands fit together, how he learns something new from her whenever she teaches him a recipe, times when they would talk about their own superstitious beliefs, times when she would listen to him ramble on and he would listen to her ramble on too, how adorable he looks when his face goes blank—and then it goes back to the domestic scenes she thought of earlier; thoughts of her adjusting his tie for him, buying their own house and paying bills together, waking up to one of them cooking breakfast and the cook would receive a warm back hug early in the morning.

        Nayeon shoved an egg roll to her mouth.

        Does Taehyungie think about me like this too?

        She wished.

        She brought her plate to the living room and enjoyed the comforts of the couch, propping up a pillow on her lap.