21

PRIVATE MESSAGE

Nora (Hazel)
Tom
are you asleep?

TomBoy
not yet
what's wrong?

Nora (Hazel)
can you come over a bit?

TomBoy
yeah sure
5 mins and I'm there

Nora (Hazel)
thank you

Hazel sits on her bed in her oversized pj shirt and basketball shorts as she waits for Tom to arrive. It's almost two pm and she wasn't even sure if he was still up since they have to be on set by nine in the morning. 

She got off the phone with Mason about twenty minutes ago and they had an hour long fight about more nonsense tiny stuff that doesn't even matter. She really tried to shake it off and go to sleep but her mind is racing and she felt like she needed someone to talk to. She wanted to go over to June's room, but she knows how June feels about Mason. She is not a fan of the boy and Hazel doesn't want to push her patience with her boyfriend.

There is a quiet knock on her door and she jumps to her feet rushing over to the door to open it and let Tom in.

"Hey," he says basically whispering as it is the middle of the night. Hazel stands to the side and he walks in in his plain white tshirt and black shorts. 

"Sorry for bothering you so late," she apologizes as they both move to Hazel's bed, she sits back to her spot and Tom hesitates before sitting down to the edge near her.

"Oh I was just watching the TV, no worries. What's up?" he asks trying to sound as delightful as possible but in reality he is really worried for the girl. Ever since Blaze told him to look out for her he payed more attention to every move of her wanting to be there for her anytime she needed him.

"You must be tired of hearing this, but it's about Mason." She lets out a sad chuckle as she shakes her head.

"I'm not tired. Tell me what happened."

"We literally had an hour long fight over the phone and I can't even tell what was it about. He makes a big deal out of everything. What am I doing wrong, Tom?" She looks at him with so much sadness in her eyes it almost breakes his heart to see such a lovely and bubbly person so broken.

"Nothing, Hazel. Don't think it's all on you."

"I don't know what I should do."

Tom knows that if Blaze was here he would say that she should leave Mason, and he knows it would be the best as well. But he can't just blurt it out and freak her out with his bold words. But before he could say anything she continues.

"Maybe I should break up with him," she says more like to herself than to Tom.

"Do you feel like that's what you should do?"

"I don't know. This is what people do when things are bad. What do you think?"

"I can't tell you what to do, this is your relationship and I know nothing about it."

"But what would you do?"

Tom wants to tell her so badly that he would leave the relationship, bit he doesn't have the heart to tell her. She still seems so into that guy, he is afraid Hazel wouldn't be happy about his thoughts.

"I... don't know. But you are a smart girl, Hazel. And I know you will do the right thing. Take your time, clear your mind and just... try to figure out what life would be without Mason and if you'd be able to live with that."

Tom means his words as an encouragement for the girl to leave her dying relationship behind and start living her life without the boundaries. He wants her to see all the opportunities she has just right in front of her because she deserves the best.

But Hazel takes his words in a different way. She feels like Tom is telling her not to throw her relationship away so suddenly and figure out a way to solve their problems. Hazel trusts Tom and this is why she takes his words and decides to give it a shot. 

They smile at each other, both thinking they have the same thing in mind while they couldn't be farther from each other in their thoughts.