TWENTY-ONE

REALITY
( one week later )

"she's coming! she's coming!" Jack yelled throughout the house from the window and everyone gathered in the big space in front of the door. most of the group held a 'Welcome Home' banner while others held flowers and candy and a giant stuffed bear.

Brazil opened the door and gasped when everyone started screaming, "welcome home Brizzy!" they said in unison. Brazil covered her mouth with her hands to muffle her sob and laughed with joy.

"oh my shit you guys!" she smiled and hugged the first person she could get her hands on, Finn, who stood in the front with the giant bear

"i can't believe you did this" she whispered as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Finn tightened his arms around her waist and smiled, "of course, i'm glad you're back bestie"

Brazil hugged the rest of the group which was the Stranger Things kid cast including Joe, Wyatt, Jack, Josh, and Lilia. after the reunion, all of the kids gathered in the living room and talked for hours. Brazil missed her friends so much and was extremely great full for them to all come and see her when she got home. she wished Jeremy, Chosen, and Sophia could've made it, but she knew they had things going on and were far away so they did a group facetime for a bit which was nice.

the group played games and shared stories about what happened in their lives while Brazil was in the hospital.

"i can't believe i missed the premiere! i bought a bomb ass dress and everything!" Brazil laughed. Wyatt wrapped his arm around her shoulder as the others laughed along with her.

"i'm sure you would've looked great, Briz, but you would've hated it. it was honestly pretty terrifying"

"yeah! Finn almost pissed himself!" Jack laughed and Finn punched his shoulder.

"shut up, Jackie!" her groaned.

"only Brandi can call me that" Jack hugged and wrapped his arms around Brazil's sister who was beside him. Brandi giggled and ran her fingers through Jack's hair as his head rested in her lap.

Brazil wiped her eyes, "you guys are dating?!and you didn't tell me?!" she asked in fake shock. she knew they both had feelings for each other, Jack's more obvious than Brandi's but the girl still talked non stop about him.

"well it happened when you were in the hospital, Jack came over with flowers and asked me out since i hadn't gone out much and well it kinda just happened" Brandi answered with a smile as she looked at her boyfriend. Jack lifted his head to peck his girlfriend's lips and grinned.

"hey! no pda when the mothers are here!" Joe scolded from across the room.

"sorry momma Joe" Brandi laughed.

Brazil went to the kitchen to grab a drink when Jaeden walked up to her, "i know you just got back and all but we should talk"

Brazil nodded, "i know... i know you didn't think i could hear in my coma, but i could. i heard everything you said that day"

Jaeden blushed and looked at his feet, "oh, i understand if you don't feel the same way, it's just that i needed to tell you and i just couldn't wait any longer. we can go back to the others if you don't want to talk anymore..." he said with a frown and turned to walk away but Brazil grabbed his hand.

"wait! Jae, you are the kindest person i've ever met and i'm so happy to have you in my life. i-i love you. it's taken me a long time to realize it, and i'm sorry for that, but everything that's happened has made me realize that i'm in love with you Jaeden Wesley"

Jaeden was shocked, he had heard from the others that she felt the same, but hearing it from her in person made his heart beat faster. he brushed a piece of hair behind her ear and kissed her. Brazil melted into the kiss but Jaeden pulled away before she could wrap her arms around him to bring him closer.

"and i'm in love with you, Brazil Janice"