Chapter 5

"Holy shit, this place is huge!" Namjoon shouts, barely two feet into their new home for the week. He's the first one to step in through the front door behind Hoseok, who stops momentarily in the foyer that leads straight into the kitchen. It's extensive and beautifully decorated, with walls that are almost entirely made up of large windows. Clearly the whole place was designed to accommodate large numbers.

Taehyung enters behind them and smiles warmly when he inhales the sweet and spicy aroma of vanilla and cinnamon. It's welcoming and comforting, like a home away from home.

"Not bad right?" Hoseok gloats proudly, walking over to a small table by the door

"Not bad right?" Hoseok gloats proudly, walking over to a small table by the door. He picks up a welcome packet left by the owners of the cabin and thumbs through the pages for any important rules or information.

Jeongguk steps in and haphazardly drops his bags to the floor. "I wanna see the bedrooms!" he announces, starting towards the hallway he assumes they're located.

"Jeonggukie, wait a minute! We should wait for everyone else—" Hoseok calls out, but ends up chasing after him.

Jimin also takes after Jeongguk and Hoseok while Jin brings in the rest of the groceries. Namjoon follows him to the kitchen and immediately goes for the closest counter carrying three hefty brown paper bags, each stuffed with bottles of Soju and beers clinking with every step he takes.

Barehanded, Yoongi decides the most important thing to find first is the pantry. He steps into the massive closet and nods in approval at the shelves full of snacks and food. He notices a medium-sized box sitting on the floor with party supplies scribbled on the top.

Curious about what's inside, he brings it over to the counter next to Namjoon. He opens it up to find half-used bottles of expensive liquor and a couple packages of red solo cups, some of them mini-sized that can be used as shot-glasses. "You think we can use these?"

"Looks like whoever was here before us left it behind. I don't see why not," Namjoon approves with a shrug while Taehyung anxiously watches him unload his bags. Since he's a light-weight drinker, that struggles with the ability to stop once he's past his limit, seeing that many bottles of beer and Soju makes him nervous.

It's been less than an hour since they arrived and everyone's given Hoseok their seal of approval after making a run-through of the entire cabin, checking out all it has to offer.

Deciding that it's time to get started, Namjoon makes his way over to the fancy liquor bar he discovered earlier in the far corner of what the owner's dubbed the social/reception room. It came fully furnished with plenty of sofas and chairs, and was large and open-spaced enough that it could accommodate a complete beverage-station like the ones seen in a fancy cocktail lounge.

He sets out on a mission to find what Hoseok requested for his game, the strongest liquor he can find. He lets himself take a moment to get to know the bar, scanning its details and marveling at the black sparkly granite counter-top. It reminded him of one of his favorite things, a night sky full of stars.

He also really appreciated that it had a built-in automatic ice-maker, a mini-washing machine for quick washing, and probably his most favorite part--shelves and cabinets already completely stocked with top-shelf liquors.

"Are you guys ready?!" Namjoon shouts out to the house, hoping his call reaches everyone as he messily pours 18 shots of liquor into the mini solo cups he lined up in groups of three.

The strong scent of alcohol hits Taehyung's nose as soon as he enters the room. "Oh my god! What the hell is that!? Jet fuel!?" he shouts, grimacing through a pinched nose.

Namjoon laughs and holds the bottle up close to his face to read the label. "Uhhh, Bacardi 151?" he finally answers, then resumes pouring. "I've never tried it, but it's the strongest stuff we've got right now."

"How strong are we talking?" Jin asks excitedly as he makes his way over to stand behind the counter next to Namjoon. He may or may not be there because he's curious. But also because he just knows Namjoon's going to break or drop something.

"151 proof," Namjoon replies with a subtle wince, aware that that's quite an intense amount, especially for someone like Taehyung.

"You know my drinking habits pretty well, Hyung. Do you think it's too much for me?" Taehyung asks further, inspecting his little cups of what he's pretty certain is actual jet fuel.

"I don't think so? You should be okay," Namjoon responds honestly, slowly scooting groups of shots towards each of his friends as they arrive at the counter. "Though I can say that, after looking it up online, three shots of this will be enough to make running through the snow feel like nothin'."

Jin lets out a snort in response as he laughs. "Let's hope."

"Alright guys, everyone's name excluding mine is in here. But, before we start, let's go over the rules once more." Hoseok says when he walks in with a bowl full of balled up pieces of paper, as earlier explained on the train.

"Remember this is a race. So you need to take these three shots as fast as you can, no pausing between them! As soon as its swallowed, try to get the next one down. Once all three are completely empty, you can proceed to the next task—stripping down to your boxers right where you stand," he explains and Jimin frowns.

"Do it fast, but be careful. Especially during the next part when you have to run down to the hot spring. When you go out of the front door, you'll see there's a clear path lined with trees to the right that leads straight to it, you can't miss it. You have to jump in the water, and get completely wet—if you come back with dry hair, you have to do it again. The first three that make it back to the house will pull a name and then go in order to choose which room they want. I will be the supervisor, waiting here for you with the bowl. Obviously, the name you pull will be your roommate and, no. You can't switch, so don't even ask," he adds firmly, laying emphasis on that last part as he looks pointedly at Jimin, who curses under his breath.

He hoped that would have been allowed in the event he gets the name of a certain couple of people he's not fond of sharing a room with. Jimin genuinely loves them all, but to exist in such close quarters with them for an extended amount of time doesn't exactly sound appealing to him.

"Is everyone clear on the rules?" Hoseok asks louder, making sure he's gotten an affirmative response from each person. "Please be careful, and have fun. NO fighting."

"I just wanna say, whoever makes it back first, if you draw my name, pick the first bedroom on the left," Yoongi says flatly, receiving a nudge to the side by an amused Jeongguk.

Everyone except for Hoseok is readily lined up on the opposite side of the bar from him, each one with a grip on their first shot, antsy for their signal to begin.

Purposely dragging it on to build up tension, Hoseok looks each one of his friends in the eye with his fist in the air. Ready to drop it at any second.

Taehyung steals a second-long glance over at Jeongguk standing next to him, then gazes back down at the golden liquid filled to the brim of his tiny red solo cup. His heart is racing and his chest becomes flush with tingling anticipation and biting apprehension.

Fuck. Here goes nothin...

"On my mark. Three... two....one.....GO!"