14

"Hello?" Beyoncé lifted the black iPhone up to her ear as she hopped underneath the many blankets on her bed. The sound of her television show, Shimmer and Shine was low on the other end.

"Hi, Beyoncè." The younger of two simple smiled. She was near sleep.

"Aww you have a baby voice. It's cute."

"No I don't, but thank anyways. Your voice is not what I was expecting", Nicki chuckled lightly.

"And what is it that you were expecting?"

"Kinda high pitch.. annoying."

Beyonce laughed, "yeah it's definitely not that. I got that southern voice."

"Yeah, it's deep and all giddy.." Nicki laughed to herself.

"Ion' wanna talk about voices all night even thoughts yours is quite attractive, but it does sound a lil raspy. Were you sleep?"

Nicki caught the little sub flirting but decided to keep calm. Instead she nodded, though Beyoncé couldn't see. "I actually was. I don't mind though, I'm always falling asleep during this time of night."

"You got the New York accent, ugh. I'm jelly."

"Tuh!" Nicki scoffed, which made Beyoncé raise a brow.

"Was that what I think it was?" She beamed. "Do it again."

"No, you weirdo. You should be sleeping, Bey. It's ten o'clock at night over there."

"Who goes to sleep this early? What am I, a baby?"

"Uh- normal people. You're my baby."

Beyoncé turned her lips up into a smirk and licked them, "oh is that so?"

"Only if you wanna beeee." Sung Nicki. She was only playing, trying to keep the conversation from turning into something awkward.

"I'll be your baby, but you gotta be mine too."

"You know, I'm so relieved your not no crusty ass forty- five year old. I can actually really believe it since I'm hearing your voice."

"I can't believe you still thinking about that. We've been talking for almost four weeks now."

"I know but you don't know how scared I was."

"You're so dramatic. I sent you proof and everything."

"There's something called catfish!"

"I could still be a catfish.. you can't see my face."

Nicki paused, "you right."

"Its you're, but you could be too though. That's just what we'll never know." Beyonce laughs.

Nicki was amused by her laugh. It flown so smoothly out of her mouth, not forced or anything. She smiled.

"We will one day. What you doing?"

"Watching TV.. talking to this cutie."

"Oh gawd, you're corny."

"What you doing?"

"Laying here.. talking to this ugly."

"Ight now, you don't have to rub that in my face."

"I'm jokin', Bey. You're not ugly at all so get that out your big ass head."

"You know what? Nic, you're mean."

"Whatever. You're such a baby."

"Yours, right?"

"Right." She couldn't keep the smile from forming on her lips. Nicki was never into phone calls, she'd rather text all day but Beyoncé had her wanting to stay up and do just that. Talk on the phone.