Chapter 5

This part is written by me

Hermione POV

Once Ron and I had gone back to the common room (holding hands!!) I decided we needed to get to the bottom of our feelings for each other and other people (if there were any). We waited until our first class, which was our free period, and we both knew that everyone goes to the library during their free period.

"Ron"

"Yeah, Hermione"

"I seriously need to get to the bottom of both of our feelings."

"Ok. Where do you want to start?"

"Well, I just kissed you outside and I don't know if that was right or not, if you get what I'm saying."

"Ummmm, is it because malfoy saw us? PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU LIKE HIM!!!!"

"Ron calm down, why would I have feelings for him? He called me a mud.... a mudbl...."

"A mudblood?"

"Yeah"

"Just to let you know Hermione, I would never call you a mudblood. You're the smartest witch I know and by far the prettiest as well."

"Really? You think I'm the prettiest?"

"Definitely"

"Ok then, just to clarify. If you like me, then why are you dating Lavender?"

"That was just to make you jealous. Plus, I don't even like Lavender, and, she wants to snog me all the time anyway."

At that point Lavender had walked in and heard what Ron had said. She said to Ron,

"WON-WON!!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME???!!! SHE'S NOT EVEN PRETTY!!!!"

Then I started crying when Lavender said I'm not pretty (and I know I'm not the prettiest). Lavender was then coming towards me to hit me or something but luckily, Ron stood up and blocked her from me. He then said the sweetest thing ever,

"LAVENDER!!!! I don't care that we broke up, I never liked you anyway. Hermione is way better than you."

He then looked at me and said,

"She's the nicest, most intelligent, and prettiest witch I know."

I then started looking like a tomato which Ron replied,

"She's also the cutest when she goes red."

He then turned back to Lavender and said,

"You are just annoying! When you want to snog me, I seriously consider breaking up with you ever time."

I just couldn't take it anymore. I could tell that Lavender was getting really angry at me AND Ron now. So I just said to Ron,

"Ron, you don't have to do this. Lavender's right, I'm not the prettiest witch."

At this point Lavender looked pretty happy with herself and I was walking towards the stairs that go to the dormitories, crying, but Ron grabbed my arm and said,

"No Hermione, I want to be with you. If you had never come to Hogwarts, I wouldn't be as happy as I have been for the last 6 years. You have made my life one million times better. You send me letters in the holidays all the time, you come over to my house, you help me with my homework, especially my potions essays, you help me study & you've been one of the best friends I could have. But I don't want to be just a friend any more."

I couldn't move. That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. I was shocked. I didn't know Ron could say anything like that. It's like something happened to his brain.

Then Lavender said,

"Won-Won I want to get back together with you because I love you more than anything. But, obviously you hate me so I will have to get revenge."

Then it happened, Lavender sneaked past Ron and punched me so hard, she knocked me out.