3~

The morning light shined through my window, remind me to ask Pryce about getting some curtains hung up, I made a mental note and got out of bed grabbing some clothes that were thrown over the floor, I walked into my bathroom and started a shower, turning it to the coldest setting. part of me being part were was that I was always hot, and that part sucked the most. it was my inner wolf trying to tell me she wanted out.

after I got out of the shower I pulled my clothes on and exited my room. the apartment was quiet. to quite. my mom was nowhere to be found. I shook my head and opened her bed room door seeing her lying still in bed. I walked over to her, a smile on her face. I gently placed my hand on her shoulder, then it hit me. I couldn't hear a heartbeat.

worrisom struck as she didn't move, I shook her harder, nothing. I began crying, tears flooding my eyes. "MOM!!" I yelled trying to shake her awake. "no no no." I ran over to the phone dialing 1, "Pryce." his cheerful voice rang through the phone, "my mom, she's not waking up." the line went dead, in hopes he was on his way up. a few moments later doctor Pryce came walking in along with a few other people. "nadeline dear, I need you to go wait outside, can you do that for me?" I nodded my head and stood outside the bedroom door watching nurses flood to her side. 

I walked into the hall tears still spilling from my eyes. I smelt the familiar scent of cheap cologne, and steal. roman. he rounded the corner, confusion written on his face. as soon as he got close to me I ran into his chest and latched onto him. "whats going on?" the apartment door opened and doctor Pryce walked out, "nadeline can we have a word?" Pryce did not look happy, and judging as how I still couldn't hear my moms heart beat this wasn't going to be good news.

~~~

I stood outside, rain pouring down as Roman held an umbrella for me. the casket began lowering. I felt both Peters and Romans hand wrap around me, I gave both of them a squeeze. doctor Pryce said while she was asleep last night fluid began building up in her lungs, ultimately drowning her in her sleep. he also said the reason for her smiling is because she died peacefully. 

"nadeline, would you like to say a few things?" the priest asked. I shook my head, tears threatening to spill again. finally, her casket hit the ground with a loud thump. I sighed walking out into the rain, grabbing a handful of dirt. "I love you, mom." I let a stray tear fall as the dirt fell onto her casket. I turned around and walked back to Peter and Roman.

roman wrapped his arm around my waist as I rested my head on his shoulder, "come back home with me. you to Peter." I stood there unable to speak. after the priest said his condolences he walked back to his car. I stood there for a moment not saying anything. "meet us back at my car then we'll go." Roman said handing me the umbrella. 

"Ut supra vestra pugna. deus mittere." the words were foreign to me but I didn't think nothing of it. I closed my eyes and reopened them. I turned around and walked back to the car joining Peter and Roman who were drenched. 

~~~

we made it back to Romans, the same house I pulled in the first day we arrived. memorys began flooding back, "you ok?" Roman asked while walking into the living room sitting down beside me. I nodded my head, he held a cup out for me. the smell of strong alcohol hit my nose. "scotch, I thought you'd need it." I half smiled at him and tilted the cup against my lips instantly draining the contents.

"Can I have another?" alcohol didn't affect me like it did others, it takes a strong amount to get intoxicated and judging how that didn't even phase me it's going to take a lot tonight. after 7 cup fulls of scotch later and a bottle of rum I was where I wanted to be. I had changed out of my dress into one of romans shirts.

we all sat on the couch taking shot after shot. roman was very drunk, he could not walk a straight line let alone stand still. peter was on the verge of passing out seeing his eyes kept getting heavy and he'd nod off once in a while.

"so tell me nads." Roman said sliding beside me handing me another shot of rum. "where did you come from?" he asked sipping out of the bottle. I downed the shot and grabbed the bottle taking a long sip. when I handed him the bottle he had his signature smirk plastered on his face. "a big city, with lights and cars, all kinds of noises!" he chuckled and looked at the half empty contents in the rum bottle.

"Which city?" he asked while taking a sip and holding it out for me to take. I grabbed it and chugged it back. "Chicago Illinois." he nodded. "big city girl." I nodded and looked at Peter, he was now full on passed out. "can I show you something?" I nodded my head, he stood up, almost like he hadn't been drinking. 

I joined his side as he leads me over to the stairs. we walked to the end of the hall as a key pad came into view, he typed in a password and the door opened. we walked inside a small little hall way, we came to another door as he opened it. I stepped in seeing a bunch of baby stuff scattered on the floor. then my eyes met the baby crib that was in the middle of the room.

then I saw her, her beautiful blue almost glowing eyes. I sniffed the air trying to catch her scent. not upir, not were, I couldn't determine. she smelt pure though, as pure as they come. I smiled as I got closer to her. "whats her name? and whose baby is she?" I said while sticking my finger out for her to grab. 

"I haven't named her, she's mine." I looked at him shocked, "but, you're 17?" he looked down at his feet. "shit happens I guess." he stepped closer and bent down picking the beautiful baby girl up. she started giggling. "she's cute." I ran my hand across her soft head and she smiled. her hands reached out for me kicking roman away. I giggled and took her in my arms.

roman stood looking at us with admiration in his eyes. "what about Nadia? it means hope? and right now all I can see in her eyes is hope." her eyes closed as she snuggled closer to me. "I like that. theres something else to." he trailed off raising his hand to the back of his neck. "there are people after her, really bad people and I can't look after her like id want to, but you. you have power. youre strong. I can trust you." his words took me back, I looked down at a now sleeping Nadia.

I gently placed her in her crib and rose the blanket to her, I pointed towards the door. roman nodded his head while walking out. I was now fully sober. as we made it back into the hall roman typed the pass code back in. "id like to ask you something. feel free to say no." I nodded my head crossing my arms. he sighed and looked me in the eyes.

"id like for you to move in, you'll have your own room but, I did mean everything I said back there. I can't keep watch of her 24/7. at least if your here id feel better while I'm away at work." I thought about it for a second, I could watch her, and plus I can't go back into that apartment where my mom died.

"ill do it." a smile began forming on his face. "so tell me. why do you keep her locked away?" he began walking down the stairs with me trailing behind him. "cause, she's special. she wasn't born like any other baby. she was born with a coal, just like me." I looked at him confused. "what is she?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"She was made from evil, that's all I know." with that said roman fell on the couch and picked the bottle of rum up and down the rest of the bottle. I sat on the couch beside him and closed my eyes drifting into sleep.