Chapter 19: Lyndsay

6 weeks later.

Me and Tobias have been staying with Tris every since what happened with our mom and dad. Our dad is dead and our mom is still in the hospital. They say she is doing fine but show no signs of her waking up anytime soon.

I walk down stairs and the smell of bacon hits my nose. I smile and run in the kitchen.

"Someone's happy." Tris says laughing

"It's bacon I mean who wouldn't be happy." I say watching her start to cook sausage. I gasp.

"YOU HAVE SYURP RIGHT?" I yell. Tris walks over to the cabinet and takes out a bottle of syrup.

"This what you want?" She ask with a smile on her face holding it up.

"Yassss." I say she slides in on the table but someone grabs it before I can get to me.

"Lyndsay." I look up and see my brother standing there with a stern look on his face.

"You know you can't drown you bacon and stuff in syrup right. That's too much sugar and I can't come to you school if you get in trouble." I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"Fine. But I am putting syrup on my bacon whether you like it or not." I say. He puts it back on the table and rolls his eyes. He walks over to Tris and kisses her. She continues cooking. When she's done she sets it all on the table and we eat. When we are done Tris goes to get ready for school. When she's done we leave the house and they drop me off at school. I get out and see my best friend Maci. Aside from my mother I tell her everything when my mom wasn't around to talk.

"Hey how have you been?" She ask.

"Good I guess. I've been staying with my brother's girlfriend." I say "She's amazing. And she really makes my brother happy and I'm happy that's he's happy."

"Good. Now I have something to tell you. It concerns you." She says with a big smile.

"What?"

“People are saying that Javier likes you." My eyes go big. Is she for real I have liked him since the 4th grade. I'm now in the 7th grade.  I continue talking to Maci when Javier taps me on the shoulder. 

"Hey can I talk to you?"

"yea sure. “I say with a huge smile on my face.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me?" he ask scratching the back of his neck. 

"Yes I would love to." I say blushing

"you know my brother does that same thing when he's nervous. Were you nervous to ask me out?" I ask teasing him.

"That you would say no. umm yea." he says. I smile at him and kiss his cheek.

" No need to be." I say. He smiles at me. The bell rings signaling for us to go to class. Hand in hand Javier and I walk together.

-----Tris pov. -----

(switched her 2ndand 4th.)

The bell just rung for second.  I have music second with all my friends except Tobias. I make my way to class with Christina until i get pushed into the lockers.

"Hey there Trissy." says Colten. He looks pissed. At what I don't know and I don't care. 

"What do you want col-" being cut off by a pair of lips. Colten’s lips. I squeeze my hands into fist. I bring one up and punch him square in the jaw.