CHAPTER FIVE

Courtney and Jean-Paul tore the room apart, frantically searching for the beverage, but all that was left of it was a ring of condensation on the cherry wood vanity, the only evidence of a refreshing, thirst-quenching concoction hand-shaken with real cherry and blueberry purée and strawberries.

"Where could it have gone?" Jean-Paul asked.

Courtney sat on the king-size hotel room bed and placed her head in her hands. Then, suddenly, she stood up.

"The room service guy!"

Jean-Paul and Courtney raced to the window and threw back the curtains. From their hotel view, they had a wonderful scenic view of the beach, the waves rolling in, crashing into the shore. There were people sunbathing, building sand castles, even playing beach volleyball.

Then, off in the distance, Courtney spotted him. The hotel staff member who brought them Jean-Paul's room service order. He was running on the beach, his feet kicking up the sand. In his right hand, he held a small suitcase. In his left, the Wendy's Berry Cherry Fruit Tea.

Courtney and Jean-Paul watched helplessly as he ran across the beach and onto the dock, boarding a yacht. He turned around and briefly glanced in their direction. Smiling, he held the beverage up to his mouth and took a sip. Then the yacht and was gone... forever.

"Well," Jean-Paul said, "at least we have each other."

"Yes," replied Courtney as she stared longingly at the yacht sailing away, the yacht that held the forbidden Fruit Tea.

She turned to Jean-Paul and cocked her head.

"But is that enough?"