Searching

I had tried so hard to break free of the ropes around my wrists that my wrists were swollen and red and bleeding.

My jaw was broken but Sebastian not only bound me up he took my stele.

Don't ask me how but the girls had fallen asleep.

I turned my head towards Jace to see if he was awake, he was.

He saw me looking at him, "how is your jaw?"he asked. "Broken", "I replied, how are we going to get out of here?" "I don't know", he answered.

Just then there was a loud crash a gurgle and the sound of a body hitting the ground.

The girls woke up mad looked over to me right as a tall figure burst through the door and out of the shadows wielding a bow.

Alec.

He pulled out a knife and went to work on the ropes binding the kids first.

Once he got them out and helped them up he did Iz, Jace, me, then Simon.

Once we got up he gave us weapons even my youngest who just started training with knifes.

We were about to start out when the door slammed shut and someone came out out of the shadows.

Sebastian.

We all moved to stand in front of the children "Sebastian", I said, "why are you kee-" "There's no need for that, all I need is you, Clary."

I looked at Jace and the others it was the only way I could get them safe.

I turned towards Sebastian, "I'll go with you if you promise not to hurt anyone I care about." I said.

Jace looked at me like I'd just eaten a demon "No, Clary don't do this." He said.

"It's the only way that I can keep you safe", I said.

The girls were in tears and the others all had the look of don't do it and surprise on their faces.

I turned around "I'm sorry" was all I could say without bursting into tears.

I started towards Sebastian but he stopped me and said "kiss me."

"What?" I asked.

"Kiss me, to show your loyalty to me."

Slowly I leaned in to kiss him but while he wasn't paying attention I pulled out my knife and stabbed him.