6.

"ma'am, please wake up. come on, come on.." i heard a woman's voice. faintly.

"guys, her eyes are opening"

"hello?" i could hardly let out a slight crack of my voice. everything was blurry. sounds were muffled and my head was spinning. i tried sitting up but all i felt was extreme pain on my right arm and right leg, and a bunch of hands gently pushing me back down.

"hey, hey, can you tell me your name?" the woman's voice got softer.

"l-layla pixter.." my head ached to just puff out those two words. the only thing i can focus on is the pain in my body.

wait, where's ethan.

"w-where's ethan"

i didn't get a response. all i heard was, "ok the other one's name is ethan" and "do we have enough time"

time for what

"where are we going? who are you?" i squeezed the woman's hand.

"we're taking you to the hospital, it's gonna be okay" the lady smiled at me.

i'm really tired

my eyes start drifting shut.

and i was out like a light.

i wake up in a blindingly bright room. my eyes focus and i see i'm in a hospital bed.

oh.. ethan and i crashed.

a man looked through the window in the door and saw i was awake. he opened the door.

"hey, layla, i'm doctor lesko. how are you feeling" he shut the door behind him and walked over to me with a sincere look on his face.

"i'm as good as i can be i guess. did i break my arm? and my leg?" i looked over to see my leg being held up by... i dunno what. and my arm was in a tight cast.

"yes. your forearm should heal within a few months at the least, but your leg is gonna take a while, it tore up pretty bad."

"okay" i can't really think of what else to say.

"how is ethan?"

"same as you said, as good as he can be in this situation. which.. isn't the best. he has not been breathing on his own, but he seems as though he should be very soon. once he wakes up. i'll take you to him, i promise." he smiled.

"thank you" i smiled back, a pained smile.

"could you tell me ethan's last name?"

"dolan." i breathed out.

"alrighty." he wrote something down on a note pad.

"how long am i gonna be in here?" i asked the doctor.

"well we do want you to spend the night here, definitely. it's possible you might have to spend tomorrow night as well, depending on how much energy you have and when your parents get all the information they need. we tried calling them but they didn't pick up, they must be asleep. after all it's past midnight" he shrugged.

i nodded my head in response.

"well you should get some sleep miss layla, i'll see you in the morning." he waved as he walked out the door.

"okay, thank you." my raspy voice scratched my throat.