• Synopsis •

"What succour,
what consolation is there in truth,
compared to a story?"
—Diane Setterfield | 'The Thirteenth Tale'

• • •

( SUMMARY )

'Between mountain and rock, below sky and sea, upon the last eve that light and dark recede, a child of smoke and a daughter of bone will reign upon a throne birthed from flame.'

Former princess and now last of her kind, Ailith of the Valanai lives a lonesome and solitary life. Scouring the plains of Middle Earth in the hopes of saving others from the same fate as she, once Ailith the Valorous now simply known as 'The Wanderess', treks on with minor purpose. The burden of an extinct people weighs heavily on her shoulders yet still she chooses not to falter. Rather, in the face of such devastating tragedy, the forgotten daughter of Tavril the Valiant proves she is strong, formidable, and above all else, a warrior bred from pain. So alone she continues on, comforted only by the stallion she sits astride and the fortress she has built around her heart. For centuries she simply wanders like so. Then one day, out of the blue, a grey-robed wizard asks for her aid in a quest to reclaim a homeland.

And Ailith, unaware of exactly what it is she has just agreed to, suddenly finds herself at the mercy of a certain blue-eyed King who will stop at nothing to take back his rightful place as King Under The Mountain, and maybe just gain her heart in the process too.

• • •

( WARNING )

The accompanying chapters may contain the following:
mature themes, mature language, mild sexual content, detailed descriptions of blood and/or gore and/or death as well as mentions of (fictional) racism and sexism. Note: Read at your own risk.

• • •

( DISCLAIMER )

All characters/dialogue/plots aside from those associated with Ailith and her respective family/friends do not belong to me but rather J.R.R. Tolkien and director Peter Jackson instead. Furthermore, as the following story is listed as a fanfiction, the book The Hobbit (as well as the coinciding films) and its respective plots/storyline do not belong to me either. Note: This story is a fanfiction and is therefore meant to be read as such.

• • •

( COPYRIGHT )

This is a Thorin Oakenshield fanfiction written by yours truly. My original character Ailith as well as her respective personality, plot, and storyline were all created by myself and myself alone. Parallels may be found between my book and others I've written as well as others I've read. In conjunction, this story may contain references to said books alongside drawing the majority of its content from author J.R.R. Tolkien's book: The Hobbit and its coinciding motion picture films. Contrastingly (again), this story is a work of fiction and is therefore to be read as such. Note: Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will result in immediate action taken as deemed necessary.

[ © -Vanillarain13 ]