• Aesthetic •

"At night, I woke to whisper: yes, we lived. We lived, yes, don't say it was a dream."
—Ilya Kaminsky | 'Dancing in Odessa'

• • •

Ailith Valorien
The Wanderess
"I was once the princess of a people long forgotten."

–

Thorin Oakenshield
The King Under the Mountain
"They say this quest is ours and ours alone."

–

The Hobbit
An Unexpected Journey
"The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there."

• • •

• • •

( CREDIT: )

— 'The Wanderess' via @Vanillarain13
— 'The King Under the Mountain' via @Vanillarain13
'An Unexpected Journey' via @Vanillarain13

*Note: all of the photos used in the above edits do not belong to me. Rather, each photo was founded via Pinterest and then edited into the above collages accordingly.*

• • •

( NOTE: )

— As surnames aren't exactly present in Tolkien's writing, Ailith's 'last name' is a derivative of her title. For example, her father was Tavril the Valiant and her mother was Talia the Radiant. As is their custom, the Valanai are named for their characteristics rather than their parentage. So, while Legolas is called Legolas Thranduilion (with -ion meaning 'son of' and Thranduilion meaning 'son of Thranduil'), per Valanai custom, Ailith's father Tavril would instead be called Tavril Valiantion because he is the son of Valiance. Furthermore, Talia would be called Talia Radiantien as she is the daughter of radiance, which then leads us to the main character Ailith. As such, Ailith is called Ailith Valorien with -ien meaning 'daughter of' and therefore Valorien meaning 'daughter of Valor' with Valor meaning 'great courage'. So, now you know where she got her last name. Hope this didn't confuse anyone! If it did, let me know!

• • •

[ © -Vanillarain13 ]