Eleven+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------} 

Eleven+

“A what?” Gideon and I ask at the same time.

We look at each other and make matching faces. Weird.

“Cambion.” Orin sighs rising to his feet.

“And that is…” I trail raising an eyebrow.

“It’s a half-breed between a powerful incubus and a human. They are known to be unstable, unpredictable and show signs of uncontrollable powers. Usually…” he stops and lets out a shaky breath, “Usually they are exterminated.”

I feel like I just got horsewhipped. I flinch back and fall into a chair in the living room. My hands rank through my hair painfully as I pull on the locks. I could be hunted down and killed but who does it? What should I and I guess my brother as well be looking out for? Where does this put Orin and I? This is a whole new ballgame now.

“It’ll be alright, Lila.” Gideon soothes, “We’ll figure something out, okay?”

“What does this mean?” I ask Orin, not responding to the coddling. “What are our limitations? Whom should we be looking out for?”

“Well you have the shadows, both of you so that’s good defense on your parts.” Orin begins in an all business tone. “Semi-immortality, fast healing, and of course all the other gifts but I don’t know what Gideon can do.”

“Uh….”

I smirk at my brother; “The spotlight is on you now, bro.”

He grimaces, “Fabulous.” He clears his throat, “Um, well I have the shadows, teleportation, I can fuck with the weather, I can sense others emotions, too. Oh the horns as well, that was a bitch to learn to hide. Also I have some wicked sweet mind fucking abilities.”

“All technical terms I assume?” I tease with a smirk.

He winks at me, “You know it, babe.”

“Do you feed like Lila does?” Orin asks.

Gideon shrugs, “I just met her dude, how the hell should I know?”

“I feed off sexual energy.” I state bluntly.

Gideon makes a face but nods, “Same.”

“Wings?”

Gideon frowns at Orin’s question then looks at me, “Do you have wings?”

I nod, “Yeah.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes.”

“Can I see?”

I smile at his enthusiasm and nod. Pulling off the shirt Orin threw on my shoulders as soon as he heard Gideon’s voice I turn my back to him. Pushing them out to their full spans I peek over my shoulder at Gideon to see him look at me with wide violet eyes. He reaches out to touch them but Orin growls at him.

“Mine.” He snarls.

Gideon raises an eyebrow but puts his hand down. “Chill dude.”

“Orin, it’s fine.”

He shakes his head making a piece of his Mohawk fall over his intense lily pad green eyes, “I don’t like him or anyone else touching them.”

I melt a little at the sentiment.

“Whoa, wait a second are you two...together?” Gideon asks.

“She is my blood mate.” Orin says with a hint of pride in his voice.