Chapter 5

The call dropped

     I sat there in my car shocked at what happened. I wasn't so much shocked as I was scared. Jeremy, Kirstie's mans, just attempted suicide... for the second time this month. I drove to the hospital as fast as I could, cursing under my breath at every red light I hit. I pulled in to the emergency room parking lot and rushed inside to find Kirstie sitting there curled up on the couch in the waiting room. I walked over to her and sat down, pulling her into my arms. As soon as her head hit my chest, she began sobbing.

     "I'm so stupid. I should have known something like this would happen again. I saw it coming and yet I-" "No, Kirstin Taylor Maldonado I am not going to let you do this to yourself. You're too good for that. I think it's the hospital's fault for not putting him into a facility the first time this happened. This is not your fault." I stroked her hair as she nodded, her sobs shortly turned into small hiccups as her breathing regulated again.

     "Family of Jeremy Lewis." a doctor said. Kirstin and I both got up and walked to him. He's cute too. "Mr. Lewis is awake and talking now if you wanna go see him. But he does have a migrane so the lights are dim and keep your voices low. He's in room 221." Kirstin nodded and thanked him before heading to his room.

     Finally, after two elevator trips and three long hallways, we found his room. Slowly, Kirstie opened the door to find her boyfriend with an oxygen tube in his nose and his wrists patched up with white gause. "Hey baby," she whispered. "How ya feeling?" (HEART BROKEN AND JONSING FOR A NICOTINE RUSH) Jeremy looked at her with tears in his eyes. "My head hurts but other than that I'm okay." He said. Kirstie went to the chair by his bed and sat down, interlocking her fingers in his. She shouldn't have to see him this way. It kills me even to see him like this. He's like a brother to a lot of us.

     A tear slipped down Kirstie's face but she quickly wiped it away with her free hand. "Baby, please dont cry. I'm so sorry." Jeremy looked into her eyes and the look on his face truly said he was sorry. "Please dont do this again. I can't lose you." "And you wont. I'll be okay. I promise. I'm gonna get help this time." Kirstin sighed but nodded in agreement. I walked over to the other side of the bed and Jeremy looked at me. "Hey Mitchie." I cracked a small smile at him. "Hey Jer." I said tearing up. "No. Mitch. Dont start crying. I hate seeing both of y'all cry." He said trying to sound serious but he also had a tint of playfulness in his voice. "When do you get moved to Springwood?" I asked. He shrugged and I could see Kirstie grip his hand tighter. "Not sure yet. The doctors said they would give me a day to wake up then they will discuss details." Kirstie nodded. "I'm glad you're getting help baby. I don't wanna see this happen to you ever again."

     "It wont my love, I promise."

(a/n: Hey guys! So I'm sorry I left y'all with that depressing ass chapter but hey we gotta have them somewhere am I right? Lmao. I've got a couple stories in my drafts at the moment but I'm not gonna publish them until I finish up the stories I'm working on currently. So until then stay cute and fierce bitches. Also! I've been wondering what I should call you guys so if yall have a suggestion comment what you think it should be and as soon as I get enough responses I will choose what Imma call y'all. Okay I love you guys!!!)