11. [!]

I tried to take a deep breath as I walked away from my car, towards the front door of Harry's gigantic house.

My heart was racing so much, it was making me tremble slightly, as I fought to hold the flowers still and stop the wrapping from rustling.

If I was here to see Harry, I would've strolled up to the door confidently with no qualms whatsoever. But I was about to meet his mum, and I wasn't sure how I was even still functioning with how nervous I was.

"It's fine, Niall. She's probably lovely." I told myself in a whisper as I got closer to the door.

Holy fuck was I shitting it.

Once I was on the doorstep, I took another deep breath and held it, as I reached up with my free hand, knocking twice as I cradled the peonies I'd bought for her on my other arm.

I froze as I heard some shuffling, and a key being turned in the lock, before it began to open, and I caught my first glimpse of her.

I had no clue what she looked like, so I didn't know even vaguely what to expect.

Her skin was lightly tanned, her hair dark, and her eyes bright as she took one look at me and gave me a beautiful smile.

"You must be Niall?"

I was surprised she knew who I was, but I figured Harry had probably told her I was coming.

"Yeah, that's me,"

way to go Niall,

"it's lovely to meet you Anne."

I held my hand out to her, and she chuckled, before stepping out of the house a little and pulling me into a very unexpected hug.

She held me tightly almost like Harry did but in a much more motherly way, obviously.

"Um, these are for you." I smiled sheepishly as we released each other from the brief hug and I offered the flowers to her.

She smiled even wider, if that was possible, taking them carefully from me, so much happiness in her face, it almost made me relax.

"Thank you so much, you're so thoughtful." She praised, making my eyes widen as she pecked my cheek before ushering me inside.

Once she'd shut the door she made her way towards the kitchen, and I followed slowly, watching her as she fetched a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water for the flowers, humming softly as she did so.

Wow, her and Harry were similar when they did stuff like that.

I mean, of course they would be, they're literally mother and son, but it was almost unnerving how many mannerisms they shared.

Clearly, he looked up to her a lot.

"Sit down, sweetie, I'll make some tea."

She placed the glass of flowers on the countertop of the island, gesturing for me to sit, but I shook my head and smiled.

Everything felt a little more natural now, even if I was still apprehensive. If she knew who I was, how much did she know? What had Harry told her about me?

"I'll do that, I'm here to check in on you after all." I smiled, gesturing right back at her and making her chuckle, as she rolled her eyes a little and sat down.

"Such a gentleman, thank you,"

she watched me as I walked towards the kettle, filling it up from the tap and putting it on to boil,

"Harry was always one to keep good company when he chose to. He's never been overly sociable, but I think he would be if he wasn't so shy." She added, making me frown a little as I got two mugs from the cupboard Harry had shown me last time.

Gucci Suit || Narry auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें