I Hate You

Camila woke up from the bus shaking. She rubbed her red eyes, that's been poisoned by her stinging tears. She cried all night in silence. She tried numerous times to stop, and even begged her body to breaking inside. But, every time she stopped she was, again, reminded of Lauren. Whether it was seeing her bunk and knowing she's sleeping in peace or it was her contagious laugh being replayed in Camila's head, whatever the reason was- she just couldn't stop her ribs from caving in, making it hard for her to breathe.

So, once the bus stopped for a pit stop Camila ran out and just took in the fresh air and the beautiful nature around her. It was still very early, that the birds were still asleep but you could still hear the occasional chirps of their awakening. Her feet was emerged in greyish fog, she bit her lip and shivered since it was so cold. Camila started to walk down the long highway, she was completely alone besides the zooming cars passing her, on her her right was the long strip of the road, and the occasional passing car, and on her left was the woods. The old and ancient trees that never ended, you could feel the trees eyes follow you. But as weird as it sounds, it was comforting to Camila, it made her feel-some what-safe.

She sat down on the wet grass, but Camila didn't care. She looked out into the distance and her mind started to wonder. She thought about the people in the cars and their past, their secrets, their heartbreaks, their stories. But also, their first love, their first kiss, if they had kids or even wanted children, she thought about all the times they have laughed so hard their insides hurt. She thought about everything. Then she thought about life in general, and how things don't ever last. That made her smile. Because she knows that one day this black cloud on top of her head will soon fade.

She knows that one day she'll find her self again. She'll start dancing in the showers again. She'll know what love is again. But she'll feel heartbreak over and over again. But nothing lasts.

Camila looked into her hands and she touched her rough skin with her nubby fingers. She blew hot air into her hands and rubbed it to try and warm up her cold hands. She exhaled heavily and put her head in her hands, and screamed in fustration but was muffled by her hands.

"Hi.." A soft voice said next to Camila's curled up body. She took her head out of her hands and stared at the older girl hovering over her.

"I dont want to talk Lauren" Camila snapped and gave a death at the other Latino.

"You don't have to but just listen" Lauren said kind of drained "Can I sit next to you?"

"You can do what you want, I'm not your girlfriend"

"Yeah..you're not" Lauren huffed out and sat next to Camila. She sat with her legs apart and rested her elbows on her knees and placed her chin on her hands. Camila turned her head to face Lauren and just stared at the masterpiece in front of her.

Lauren brushed the bit of hair behind her ear, that was laying on top of Camila's eyes. Camila relaxed in Lauren's touch and closed her eyes, but she soon snapped out of her daze. Camila quickly looked back at the cars, praying that Lauren didn't notice what she just did. But Lauren did, and she smile at her self. She just stared at the side of Camila's head, and took in the beauty that Camila Cabello is.

You're so beautiful, Lauren thought to herself.

"Thank you" Camila whispered and hid her face a little, to hide her smile on her face from Lauren.

Shit, did I say that outloud?

Camila chuckled at Lauren and looked at her, "Yes, yes you did". Lauren smiled back, and stared into Camila's beautiful brown orbs.

"I hate you, you know" Camila said still with a smile on. She said it in such a way it sounded more of a compliment than an insult. Lauren chuckled at, as well as Camila.

"I hate you too.." Lauren smiled back, playing along.

Camila smile instantly dropped and worried eyes were replaced the brown doe eyes she usually has, "Do you hate me?"

"What?" Lauren said shocked and surprised, one minute they were talking like they've been old friends and now Camila is asking if she hates her. "NO! Of course not. I love you..I mean..I-I"

"You love me?" Camila stared into Lauren's green and blue pool of eyes. "Lauren...are you in love with me?"