Prologue

There was a blunder of traffic going through South Carolina, the noise was deafeningly loud as the traffic sped throughout the highway. It was so busy that windy afternoon, that no one had seemed to notice the young girl with long black flowing hair as she walked from the woods down the State Highway which led out of state. The young girl was Alexis Mary-Louise Jones, she was 16 years old when she ran from home after finding out she had been adopted. She had heard this information she had heard from the drunken lips of the woman she had called mother and now she was on a mission to find her biological family. She would have been happy with waiting until she was 18 to move out and do it the proper way but her 'mother' had attacked her after she made the announcement of her adoption. As she boarded the number 42 bus on the outskirt of town no one asked her name or anything as she walked towards the back of the bus, she had just asked for a ticket to the end of the line, with no idea where that actually was.

Mary-Louise Jones, Mother of 6 had brought up Alexis from a young age, she and her husband had taken her in as their own but she wasn't treated equally to her siblings growing up. They were a family of quality, their children were going to be doctors, lawyers and business owners, no room for social lives unless it made them money. Maybe she knew all a long that she didn't belong in that family because she never really enjoyed that life, she was more of a creative spirit compared to her siblings. The young girl had tried absolutely everything to fit in with the family, she joined the chess club, the debate team, anything which could help keep the parents happy but she never had the passion for them. Without her parents knowledge she had joined the schools glee club and performed in all the plays, it wasn't easy to keep this from her family though. 

On her 15th birthday, she didn't get outside to see her friends, this was hard for her as she had been developing feelings for a boy in the football team who was a poet in his spare time. They would send each other notes during school in each others lockers and unfortunately had to turn down his offer of pizza and bowling because her parents wanted her home for a 'family celebration'. This had ended up being a ploy to keep her home because they had discovered her secret about her creative aspirations, she had been given the ultimatum to either give her dreams up and agree to be home schooled or to agree to get extra tutoring in physics and every other subject they thought she needed to be who they wanted her to be. This would mean no more seeing her friends outside school and there would be no way of her seeing Chad, her young football hottie. She was so tempted to run away then but she had agreed to the extra tutoring, however she had made a compromise that she would step from the musicals and join the cheer-leading squad as they get incredible scholarship opportunities. 

In the end that didn't last either as her parents had found out that she was a cheerleader so she could be closer to her footballer boyfriend so they pulled her out of the school and signed her up for lessons at home. She barely got outside anymore, she would go on jogs with her brothers in the early mornings and then they would go out for dinner every Friday night. On the night of her 16th birthday was when she learnt the truth from her mothers drunken lips, the truth that would in turn change her life forever. Since she had completed all of her studies and was awaiting her exam results her brothers had allowed her to go ice skating with them and then treated her to pizza. Oddly enough she had enjoyed being with them, she had found herself able to laugh freely and be herself around them. Her laughter had stopped when they had entered the house that night, her brothers making the quick escape at the sight of their drunken mother at the front door. 

"What time do... do you call this? You've always been path.. pathetic, your brothers have been spoiling you".

"Mom.. I-I'm...." She was cut off as her mother drunkenly pushed her away, not wanting her to finish her sentence.

"What?... You're sorry?... You make me sick, you don't belong here! You're so dumb and ugly your parents gave you up". Those were the last words she had wanted to hear, she was close to tears and she had no idea what to say next. "What's that? Your speechless? About fucking time, you have always been such a mouthy brat". Next thing she knew she was against the wall her mothers hands around her throat. If it wasn't for her Dad pulling her away she would probably be dead, he wasn't very nice though as he had given her a kick in the back. He had sent her to her room and that was the last time she had seen any of her so called family as she had decided to get the hell out of there. She was in so much agony as she packed her stuff in the WWE rucksack Chad had gifted her before she was pulled out of school. She knew she could have called him up, maybe crashed at his as his parents love her like crazy but she also knew that would be the first place her parents would look for her. So she decided she would go as far as she could so she could find herself and if she found her birth parents on the way? She would love that, she just hoped they would be a lot nicer than her adoptive parents.

She must have fallen asleep on the bus because the next thing she knew the nice, middle aged driver was telling her that they were at the last stop, he had pointed her towards a road which would lead her to a hotel. However, as soon as she had gotten off the bus she had forgotten what he had so she followed the only road that seemed to lead into town, as she walked she realized  no one seemed to notice her. Maybe she was actually invisible or maybe no one wanted to talk to her since she was an obvious tourist, even though she was limping and close to tears. With this thought she had refused to ask for directions, just assuming that she wouldn't be welcomed and besides she wasn't very confident talking to strangers. The road she was on led to a big building, she was too bleary eyed from all the crying that she was unable to read and she wasn't sure about anything, she hadn't a clue where she was but she walked into the building. She really hoped this was the place that the kind bus driver had directed her to, the security watched on unsure how to react to this young girl who seemed battered and homeless.

After a call was made, a woman made her way down the corridor to see the young girl who had just appeared in the building, the security were going to call the police but they wanted to run it by the bosses first. The girl had collapsed against a wall, she was exhausted from the travelling, the crying and her injuries her parents had inflicted. "Thanks guys, I will take it from here". Th lady had said after having them carry the girl into her office, she locked the door after security had left. What was she going to do? All she could do was watch this girl as she slept, she did get her out her clothes and sent them away to be cleaned. Turning back to the girl she stopped in her tracks and she was close to tears, her eyes glanced over the bruises over the girls back and the strangle marks on her neck. Instantly she got her phone out and went through her contacts calling the only person she trusted with this; her husband. "Paul, can you come to my office? I need you to see something". She wasn't sure if he could her she was close to tears but he said nothing in return he just hung up and he was at the door 10 minutes later.

A Twist of fate (Currently being Rewritten)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara