Cast A Shadow On The Past

**(A/N Sept 2012) I love wrestling, I just don't get to watch it as much now, watched it every week but bare with me because I have not watched it for at least 5 years, so all story-lines I base it on will be from back then so John Cena is the WWE Champion in this and Bobby Lashley ECW**

As soon as he entered the door Paul Levesque was speechless at the sight before him. His wife had a semi naked child lying on her couch covered in bruises it didn't look very good. He finally understood why she sounded close to tears, it wasn't a secret that she really badly wanted to be a mother one day. She always had such a kind soul so he knew exactly what she wanted to do, they had to do this the proper way so he sat down in front of her desk and waited a minute before he spoke. 

"Steph, you do know we need to call the police? She's obviously been abused and we don't know what her life is like. What if her parents come for her? Last thing we need is this to get out to the media". He said whilst he looked from his beautiful wife to the young girl was sound asleep on the leather couch. He was already getting the number up on his phone, he didn't want them to be getting accused of kidnapping or something worse if possible. 

"Paul please, we need to find out what lead her here, she seems so scared". She pleaded with him as she reached over to grab his hand but he was already on the phone. She knew he was right, she was really scared that the girls family would just hurt her again when they found her and she couldn't imagine what she must have been going through. 

"We have a girl here, she looks like she has ran from home. She's covered in bruises and she appears to have been strangled. Can we get some police here? Preferably a female officer, i think it might be better". Since getting with Stephanie McMahon he never imagined finding a girl in his wife's office, another woman in a fantasy maybe but nothing like this. He was informed an officer and a lady from social services will be on the way but it might be a while with it being late at night.  

A little while later there was movement on the couch as Alexis woke up, she instantly jumped in fear when she didn't recognize where she was. At first she was scared her parents had found her, she curled into a ball and she was shaking like a leaf, especially since she had no clothes on. She glanced around and as soon as she spotted her rucksack she moved toward it and got some clothes from it. Once she was dressed she sat back on the couch unaware that she was being observed by Stephanie McMahon who hadn't moved from the office since the arrival of this girl. They had heard back from social services that they wouldn't be there now until first thing in the morning so they would be having her staying at their hotel after the show finished.

Lexi looked around the room, she was curious about her whereabouts and it frightened her that she still had no clue where she was. As she glanced around her eyes landed on a monitor and she saw John Cena in the ring doing a rap. She instantly remembered seeing wrestling a few times when she sneaked out to be with Chad but she never thought she would accidentally stumble into the arena. She had found herself moving off the couch so that she could get a closer look as Cena was taunting someone in the middle of the ring and she found herself lost in memories of when she used to watch the wresting with Chad and his family.

It was March 14th 2004 when young Lexi had watched her first wrestling show, it just happened to be Wrestlemania XX. She had loved everything and would ask lots of questions which had Chad laughing. At the beginning of the event The Boys Choir of Harlem were singing 'America the beautiful' and she sang along, she was proud to call herself American and their voices were just so beautiful. She was then glued to the screen as a guy she thought was 'sorta cute' had came out, it being the first match; John Cena vs Big Show for the United States Championship. The match started out with The Big Show beating down on the challenger, Lexi was cringing as she urged Cena to get up and fight. She then argued with the television as  Cena secured only a 2 count after executing an early FU on the giant in which she had Chad and his father in stitches as she called the referee slow. She was completely glued to the screen as the eager challenger John Cena grabbed his chain from the turnbuckle she was cheering him on as he had attempted to attack Big Show with it. However the referee confiscated it before he could execute his attack, at this point the 13 year old girl was screaming at the screen which had then received a comment from Chad's dad.