Chapter 2

*One month later*

"I can't believe I'm sending my baby girl, off to Germany, on her own!" My mom cries. "You're so grown up and it makes me feel so old."

"Mom, you're not old!" I laugh "Don't worry, it's only for the summer and then I'll be right back here with you." 

She wipes her tears and gives me one last hug. I walk over to my father and he gives me a kiss on the cheek and hugs me so tight that I can't breathe.

"I'll miss you kiddo. Have fun in Germany, but not too much fun, and no boys!" He gives a light laugh and I swear I can see his eyes start to water. I don't say anything to him though because I wouldn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. The next two people I hug are my younger brother and sister, Jack and Heather. They're both eight and they play soccer as well. Neither one can seem to stop crying and it makes me want to hug them forever. The last person I hug is Caroline.

"Thank you so much for everything. I would never be going to this camp without your help." 

"You need to stop thanking me!" she slaps my arm. " You deserve this! Technically you wouldn't be going to the camp if you had never been invited. So basically, you're going to the camp because of your hard work." She adds emphasizing on the "Your". She hugs me one more time before pushing me in the direction of the security check. As I walk towards it, I can't help but look back at my family after every three steps. I can tell how sad they are that I'm leaving, but I also know they are excited for me. While the man is looking at my plane ticket and passport, I turn around one more time so I can wave to my family. Once they see me turn around they put on their biggest smiles and wave to me and I wave back.

Once I get through security, I go straight to the bathroom. I'm so nervous I feel like I have to pee every five minutes. It takes me about ten minutes to find my gate. When I get there I find a black seat next to a charger and charge my phone. My flight is at two-thirty and its only one at the moment. I'm pretty hungry so I decide to stop at one of the stores to buy some food to take on the plane. 

An hour later, I'm boarding the plane. The plane is pretty full and all three seats in my row are taken. Thankfully, I got the window seat and the old lady next to me is very kind. With a ten hour flight ahead of me, I am really glad that I got seated next to someone nice. 

During the flight, I learn that the lady is originally from Berlin, but moved to California when she was five. Her name is Lisel. She has four kids, two daughters and two sons, all in their late 30's and early 40's. She asks me why I am traveling to Germany on my own and I explain to her that I had been invited to a soccer camp there, and it was one of the greatest in the world. She sleeps for the last half of the flight, and so do I. 

When we arrive it is six in the morning German time, nine hours ahead of California. I say goodbye to Lisel and thank her for being so lovely during the plane flight. When I go to baggage claim, there is a man with a white cardboard sign that reads: Alyssa Snider. I assume he is my ride, so I walk over to him. 

"Hello, I'm Alyssa Snider." 

"Hello Miss. Snider, My name is Frank and I'll be your chauffeur for today." He says with a thick German accent. His accent is a little hard to understand but I will have to get used to it, since I am going to a camp in Germany. 

Frank grabs my bags and leads me up the stairs and out to a black car that is parked in the loading zone. 

"They don't allow anyone to park here, but lucky for me, I don't have to follow the rules." Frank laughs and puts my luggage in the trunk.

"Why are you allowed to park here?" My curiosity gets the best of me. 

"We pay the airport so much money and they let us park here whenever we need to pick up players." He opens the back door to the car so I can get in. 

The rest of the way to the fields is quiet. Frank doesn't say anything else to me, but every few minutes he looks in his rear view mirror to check on me. 

We arrive to Weiterbildung, the college where the camp is held, in thirty minutes. As soon as we park, someone opens my door. When I look to see who it is, a short blonde woman is staring at me. She gives me a great big smile and helps me out of the car. 

"Hello, my name is Agnes and I will be your dorm supervisor. Can I have your last name please?"

"Snider." I say as she pulls out her clipboard, flipping a few pages, before landing on my name. 

"Ah-hah! There you are! You are in room 209 and your roommate will be Olivia Henley from Texas." She leads me to the elevator inside the dorms and once we get to the second floor, I quickly find my room. 

"Here is a list of all the activities for today. You will be getting tomorrows list, tonight at the first meeting. It will take place at 5 o'clock, right before dinner, So don't be late!" She hands me my key and then walks off. She's probably going to welcome another girl. 

I open the door to the room and notice a girl about my height with straight, brown hair, standing next to the bed on my right, fixing her sheets. She looks up when I open the door and smiles. 

"Hi, I'm Olivia. I hope you don't mind that I took the bed on the right. I didn't know which bed you would want and I didn't know when you would get here, so I chose, because it would have been pretty weird to just sit in the middle of the floor and wait for you to get here." 

I laugh because I realize how ridiculous that sounds. 

"I'm glad you think I'm funny, I think we will be great friends." She sticks her hand out for me to shake it. 

"It's very nice to meet you Olivia." I say and I feel so relieved that I ended up with a good roommate. 

"You too Alyssa."

"Oh, you can just call me Aly."

She nods "I was gonna ask if you had a nickname, but I guess you already answered that."

Olivia jumps onto her bed and yawns. "I don't know about you, but we have a meeting in 10 hours and I'm gonna need at least six more hours of sleep."

I agree and climb into my bed as well. As I drift off, I find myself thinking about all the people I'm going to meet, and all the amazing things I am going to experience.

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for reading my second chapter! I know Erik hasn't been introduced yet but I am almost positive he will be introduced in the next chapter! I know the story isn't super interesting yet but it will be I promise. I'm going to try to upload another chapter by tomorrow night, but no promises! Please rate and comment! It would mean so much to me!