Chapter Two ~ The First Day of the Worst Days

"Lexi

"Lexi. Lexi." Her brother, Calvin, says shaking her awake. She fell asleep on the chair next to the bed.

"Oh, hey." Lexi replies yawning.

She sits in the bed next to Calvin.

"How are you?" She asks worried about her little brother.

"Could be better." He answers painfully laughing.

Lexi sighs, "I am so sorry. I have been a terrible sister. I haven't visited you, but boarding school was-"

Calvin cuts her off, "I know. It's okay, Lexi."

"There must be a lot of rumors why you're back." He guesses and she looks at him guiltily.

"Yeah, but none of them mention you."

"Just like mom wants." He mumbles.

A voice interrupts them, "What do I want? For Alexa to sleep in her own bed?"

It's Claire, their mother.

"Hi, mom." Lexi greets sighing.

"I was just about to ask the doctor if I could take Calvin to breakfast. Wanna come?" She asks smiling at her brother.

"No. What I think I'll do is go get Calvin a croissant down the street." Claire insists putting her bag on her shoulder and leaving the room.

Lexi narrows her eyes and angrily follows her mother outside of his room in to the waiting room. She hears Calvin sigh, "Lexi, don't."

That doesn't stop her.

"What have you told people about where he is?" Lexi asks accusingly, "Wait, let me guess. He's staying with Grandma Leanne in Boston."

"Your Aunt Isadora in Miami." Claire replies correcting her.

Lexi scoffs, "Of course. You're hiding him."

"He tries to kill himself and you're worried it's going to cost you mom of the year." She snaps crossing her arms.

Claire shakes her head, "Alexa, you have been gone doing God knows what with God knows who."

"I told you. Boarding school was not like that." Lexi retorts.

"All I'm saying is as happy as I am to have you home, you have no idea what's been going on."

Claire storms off into the elevator, "Go home and get ready for school."

—————

In a Brooklyn loft, the Miller's are eating breakfast.

"Are you guys ready for school?" Zane Miller asks making waffles for his 2 kids.

"Hmm, yeah sure. I can't wait to go back to the school where rich kids are worrying that their hair is out of place and what party they should go to." Gavin Miller sarcastically replies grabbing a waffle and putting it on to his plate.