Monochrome Rainbows

Himika sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes, adjusting to the brightness of her temporary room. She noticed she was still wearing her clothes from yesterday, but decided she didn't smell bad and kept them on. She got out of bed and planted her feet onto the ground before getting up and stretching.

A loud knock on the door brought her attention to the person on the other side of the door. A delicious and familiar aroma made her smile lightly.

"Himika! I hope you're up!" The voice Himika recognized as Hinami called.

"I'm up, you can come in." Himika replied.

Hinami opened the door with one of her hands and pushed it open with her foot. Himika noticed that she was balancing a tray with two cups on one of her hands. Himika rushed over to her, taking the tray from her and opening the door wider.

"Thanks Himika." Hinami said with a smile.

"No problem." She replied. "But what's in the cups?"

"Oh! I brought us coffee so we could talk and drink coffee together!" Hinami exclaimed.

Himika set the tray down on her nightstand and took a seat on her bed, patting the empty space next to her. Hinami promptly rushed over and took a seat next to her.

"Now, let's start with what happened in your universe. Maybe I could write this stuff down so it doesn't get forgotten completely." Hinami suggested, bringing out a pad of paper and a pen.

"Good idea." Himika agreed, taking one of the cups and taking a sip of the hot liquid.

Himika paused, the taste was so familiar. She just couldn't put her finger on when she had something like this before.

"It tastes familiar..." Himika muttered.

Hinami clicked her pen and got ready to write.

"Did that jog your memory a little?" Hinami asked.

"Sort of," She replied. "I was on some kind of mission, I think we were guarding some old man..."

"Who's we?" Hinami asked.

"I think I was on some kind of team... I think they were called squads, and when we went on the mission we stayed at the old mans house. A woman, who I think was his daughter served us breakfast one morning and made us all coffee. It tasted very similar to this, but this tastes better." Himika said, remembering what she could.

"Do you remember their names?" Hinami asked.

"No," She replied. "Even their faces are blurry."

"Well," Hinami started. "How about you start by telling me about your life, anything that you remember I will write down. Including names and places."

Hinami twirled her pen and waited for Himika to begin.

An hour later, Himika had finished speaking and Hinami began reading the list back to her.

"So the things you remember are, Konoha, Orochimaru, jutsu, and Kaneki..." Hinami said. "That's not a lot, and none of it makes sense to me."

"I know, it's frustrating to me too." Himika sighed.

"We should head down to-" Hinami started, but was cut off by anothers excited scream.

"MY SWEET KANEKI!"

"What the hell?" Himika mumbled.

"Oh, it's him again." Hinami muttered.

"Who?" Himika asked.

"Come on, you'll see." Hinami replied before dragging her out of her room and down the stairs.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Touka asked, glaring at the stranger.

"I got word that my sweet Kaneki is back!" He exclaimed.

The stranger was wearing a red and purple suit, he was tall, had purple hair and a french accent.

"How did you even get word I was back?" Kaneki asked.

The stranger pointed to his nose with a creepy smile.

"I don't even want to know how..." Kaneki muttered, shaking his head.

Suddenly the stranger made eye contact with Himika and started making his way towards her.

"And who might you be mon cherie?" He asked, bending down to her level and offering a red rose.

Himika batted away the rose. "It's common courtesy to give your own name before asking another for another's."

"How rude of me!" He exclaimed dramatically. "My name is Shuu Tsukiyama, but everyone around here calls me Tsukiyama."

"I'm Himika," She said. "Just Himika."

Tsukiyama looked at her quizzically.

"She doesn't have a surname." Kaneki replied.

Tsukiyama gave a satisfyed nod before turning back to Himika. He stared at her for a while before breathing in through his nose. His eyes widened slightly, Himika only raised a eyebrow at his surprise.

"What?" Himika asked.

"Are you a half ghoul?" He asked.

"Yeah, so what?" Himika replied.

"Nothing..." He replied, hiding his weird smile behind his hand. "You smell like Shin."

Himika stared at Tsukiyama strangely as he walked over to Touka and started pestering her. Nishiki sat down on a chair and sighed as he watched Tsukiyama annoy Touka.

Himika sat with Hinami at a table as they talked among themselves, Hinami mentioning a book signing she went to for her favorite author.

"Do you have any of her books I could read?" Himika asked.

"Sure thing! Wait here and I'll go get it." Hinami said, rushing up the stairs to get the book.

Once Hinami came back down she handed Himika a book with a black cover.

'Monochrome Rainbows.' Himika read.

"Thanks Hinami, I'll return it to you later." Himika promised.

"No problem!" Hinami replied.

The two continued to talk until Touka called Himika.

"Himika!" Touka called.

Himika walked over to Touka and stopped in front of Tsukiyama and Touka.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You said you wanted to see more Kagune, Nishiki and Tsukiyama offered to show you theirs." Touka said. "Of course I'm coming too."

"Thanks Touka." Himika agreed.

Touka led them to the same underground passage as before and made sure they weren't being followed. Once it was safe she turned to them.

"Alright then," Touka started. "You've already seen an ukaku and rinkaku type kagune, so next let's do bikaku."

Touka pointed at Nishiki. Nishiki's eyes turned black and red as a blueish tail appeared from around his tailbone.

"So a bikaku type is like a tail?" Himika asked.

"Pretty much." Touka agreed. "And lastly, koukaku."

Touka pointed at Tsukiyama next. Tsukiyama's eyes changed just like Nishiki's and a purple colored thing came from his shoulder before wrapping around his arm and forming what looked like a drill.

"Interesting." Himika muttered to herself.

"Now you've seen them all." Touka said with a smile. "We should head back now."

Himika quickly agreed. "Yeah, let's go."