Eto

Kaneki and Himika followed after Ayato as he led them to the buildings roof.

"What do you need to talk about?" Kaneki asked one they had arrived on the roof.

"Our next attack is going to be on Cochlea." Ayato replied.

"Cochlea? Isn't that a high security ghoul prison?" Himika inquired.

"It is," He answered. "We're going there to get a retrieve a certain ghoul, which will be your job Kaneki."

"What am I supposed to do?" Himika asked.

"Help ghouls from Aogiri Tree fight off the staff of Cochlea." Ayato replied. "Especially Idiots like Naki. He's stupid, but strong."

"That's easy enough." Himika agreed.

"Good, now that you all know your jobs, I need to talk to Kaneki alone." Ayato ordered.

"Alright," Himika agreed. "When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow." He replied.

Himika nodded and walked back to the stairs, leaving Kaneki and Ayato to talk alone about the new mission. Himika wondered around the creepy abandoned halls for a while before deciding to sit down. She sat on the floor with her back against the wall, taking out a kunai and tossing it in the air and catching it repeatedly.

"Those won't do you much good in a fight~!" A girls voice sang.

Himika quickly turned to look at the girl who appeared in front of her. She was covered completely in bandages and wore a dark pink cape with a hood.

"Who are you?" Himika asked, gripping the kunai in her hand.

"I'm Eto!" The girl giggled. "Who are you?"

"Himika." Himika replied. "And what were you saying before about a fight?"

"I said, those won't do you much good in a fight!" She repeated.

"Why not?" Himika asked.

Eto giggled again. "A Dove's quinque is as tough as a ghouls skin, things like that would be broken in one swing!"

Himika frowned. "What should I do then?"

"I could help you make much stronger weapons if you like!" Eto suggested.

"Alright." Himika agreed.

"Come with me!" Eto exclaimed, twirling around before walking into the dark hallways.

Himika followed after her, into the eerie dark hallways. Eto continued to walk until she came to a large metal door that seemed to lead underground. She knocked a strange pattern and waited for an answer, the handle squeaked as it was turned from the other side and the door opened with a groan. A tall man opened the door, he had long black hair tied into a ponytail, wore a red cloak, and had a white mask with a toothy grin.

"It's okay Noro, she's with me." Eto said, talking the the man.

The man Noro said nothing, but he opened the door wider and let Eto and Himika walk in. They walked down a long staircase in a single file line, Eto in front and Noro in the back, leaving Himika in the middle. They eventually came to another door with a huge combination lock, Eto bounced up to the lock and spun the dile until the door clicked open.

"Come on in~!" Eto sang, pushing open the door.

The sounds of whirring machines invaded Himika's ears the moment the door had swung open.

"What is this place?" Himika found herself asking.

"Think of it as my lab of sorts." Eto replied, walking over to a desktop. "Now hand me those weapons."

Himika took her kunai and shuriken out of her weapon holster and handed them to Eto. Eto took them before laying them down in what looked like a 3D scanner. The computer buzzed as it scanned the new weapons, loading the dimensions into its database.

"Now I can improve the weapons!" Eto exclaimed, her fingers flying across the keyboard.

"How do you improve them?" Himika asked.

Eto giggled. "That's simple! All I have to do is make new ones from quinque metal and infuse them with a little something extra."

"What's the extra thing?" She asked.

"It's best if you don't know." Eto replied, playfulness void from her voice.

Himika didn't question her anymore and stood to the side as Eto continued typing away on her computer. Noro stayed by the door, silently watching from the shadows, making Himika get a chill up her spine.

A large machine on the other end of the room roared to life as the red button on the side panel lit up. Himika couldn't see inside the machine, but she could hear what sounded like metal being cut, possibly by a super heated lazer.

"Almost finished!" Eto exclaimed, hopping up from her seat at the computer and bounding over to the machine.

When the machine stopped a large panel opened, a conveyor belt on the inside brought the finished weapons to the open panel.

"And done!" Eto cheered. "You have about 15 of each weapon!"

"Can I test them?" Himika asked.

"Of course! They're yours!" She replied.

Himika walked up to the belt and picked up one of the kunai, tossing it between her hands.

"It's light." She noted.

She tightened her grip on the kunai and began slashing at the air, it's lightweight making it easier to slash.

"Very light." She noted again.

"Even though it's light, I guarantee you it's sharp enough to cut a ghoul like yourself." Eto said, picking up a knife.

"Sharp enough to cut a ghoul?" Himika repeated.

"Yep!" She giggled.

Curiosity was nipping at Himika, she pointed the kunai at her finger tip and pushed it against her skin until a trail of blood dripped down her finger.

"I guess it is sharp." Himika muttered, sticking her bleeding finger in her mouth.

"I can bandage that for you." Eto said, pulling out a roll of bandages from her cloak.

"Thanks." She replied, taking her hand away from her mouth.

Eto grabbed her hand gently and began wrapping her finger in a layer of bandage.

"All done!" Eto exclaimed, putting the bandages back into her cloak.

"Thanks Eto." Himika said. "I'll be heading out now."

Himika gathered all of her shuriken and kunai, stuffing them into her weapon holster before heading to the door. Noro still stood guard by the door and moved to the right once Himika came to the door.

"Bye!" Eto called.

"Bye." Himika replied.

The door shut with a slam behind her as she began making her way back up the stairs. Once she reached the top of the stairs, she opened the second door and walked back into the daylight, shutting the door behind her, making it lock with a 'click.' Himika started heading back to where she last saw Kaneki, thinking about the strange ghoul, Eto.

Judging by her scent, Himika could tell she wasn't a normal ghoul, making her think.

'Is she a possible half ghoul?'

A/N

Just warning you all, but updates may get slower. Surprisingly I'm actually reading a really good book and I'm hooked on it, which means I'm running out of chapters that are already done. Don't worry, I'm working on more, but slowly...