Adoption Day

(I would like to say that most of this story will be in Shiros POV so yeah)

Me and my wife Allura who is not human are looking for children to adopt. In space adoption is much different you go to an old warehouse which has many cube like cells. You can pick out which kid you want. They will have a clip board in front of their cell telling you the essentials. Now that I think about it, it's like human trafficking. We see the front of the ware house and I started looking for a parking spot. Their were a surprising amount of cars.

We made it towards the doors and walked into see at least one hundred or more cells. The walls where a decaying gray colour, with beige carpeting. As we walked past a few cubes one caught my attention it was a girl with round glasses, she wore an old dress that looked like a potato bag she had two green socks on her feet. I grabbed the clip board and read it.

125- Dr. Gat Last updated 2/3/2012
Name: Katie
Birthday: April 3rd
Age: 5
Heritage: Human (Italian)

"She's adorable," Allura said pointing at the sleeping girl. I nodded. "Shall we keep looking?" I asked my drooling wife. Allura nodded, as she ran to the next one. "This one is also pretty cute." My wife said pointing at another kid. He wore old baggy pants and a yellow shirt his feet were bare. "Read the clip board," she ordered me as she talked to the boy. "Ok let me see." I said as I picked up the clip board.

99- Dr. Reed Last updated 1/4/2012
Name: Hunk
Birthday: January 13th
Age: 7
Heritage: Human (Samoan)

Allura was in full conversation with Hunk. "Just wait Hunk you will be mine," Allura said with a glint of determination in her eye's. The little boys eye's lit up with joy. We walk for a few more minutes than we passed a cell with a boy that tried to flirt with Allura.

He was actually wearing something nice it was a blue t-shirt he had old shorts that were a tan colour and two runners that had three wholes in the top of the left shoe. His flirting was a little out dated he was using lines like 'I don't have my library card, but do you mind me checking you out' or 'Let me tie your shoe because I don't want you falling for anyone else'.

All the sudden their was screaming coming from the end of the hallway. Then the boy said "Someone's in trouble." There was screaming coming from the end of the hallway. I looked down it and saw a boy with pitch black hair getting pinned down on the ground by four or five people. He was dragged back to his cube. "We need to go there next." I said watching the boy get dragged into his cell.

79- Dr. Tola Last updated 9/6/2011
Name: Lance
Age: 9
Birthday: July 28th
Heritage: Human (Cuban)

"What a good kid," I said to Allura. I started to walk to the cell with the black hair kid was. He was sitting in the corner of his cell. This cell was different there was carving on the wall a map of the warehouse. He had dark bangs under his eyes his hair was a mess and he wore an over sized t-shirt that went down to his knees he had one shoe and the other foot had a red sock. "What are you looking." The boy said as he went back to work on his map. I looked at his clip board.

78- Dr. Schulez Last Updated 2/1/2010
Name: Keith
Age: 9
Birthday: October 23rd
Heritage: Human (Korean)

"So Keith what are you working on?" I asked him. He turned to me and said "Mind your own dame business old man." Allura frowned as she looked up at me. I shrugged and handed her the clip board. 

We both nodded and started walking to the front desk. "Here," Allura said handing the guy three clip boards. "Actually four!" I cut in handing the alien one other clip board. "Number 125, 99, 79 and 78." He said looking at all the clip boards. Then he repeated that into a phone that was sitting on the desk.

The alien handed us four box's with here names on it. "These are there stuff, good luck." The four came all being held by one person. Allura grabbed all four box's and told me to get the kids. I put Pidge on my shoulders, Lance on my hip, Hunk held my hand and Keith walked next to me.

As we made our way to the car I remember that I only have one car seat and there are only four seats in my whole car. I was only planning for one. I quickly came up with a plan. The youngest, Pidge got the car seat. Hunk sat next to him. Allura in the passenger seat and Keith and Lance sat on the floor of the back and of course I drove. "We need to get a bigger car," Allura stated to me. 

We started to drive . Allura had been more prepared for this then I had been she had bought six lions. "I got you all stuffed animals!" Allura squealed. "Green for Katie," Allura said handing Pidge a green lion. "For Hunk I give a yellow lion," Allura said giving it to him. "Last but not least Keith and Lance I give you the mighty Red and blue lion," Allura said giving Lance the red and Keith the blue.

Keith and Lance looked at each other and switched stuffed animals. "Much better." Lance stated looking at the blue stuffed lion. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Are we almost there?" Lance asked me. The most annoying question ever. "No we still have two more hours." I said trying not to get annoyed. "Try getting some sleep, it will go faster." Allura said. "I was wondering can I sleep with you Allura?" Pidge said putting her hands out. Allura smiled and picked up Pidge and set her on her lap. Soon after that I heard a soft snore it was coming from Allura and Pidge. "That was fast." I said.

"Are we-" I cut off Lance right there. "No we are not, I will tell you when we get there." I said a little annoyed. Lance sighed in defeat and then soon fell into sleeps arms.

"Then there was one," I said to Keith who was laying his head on the seat. "I'm not going to sleep, I don't know where we're going." Keith said with a straight face. "Keith what do you think is going to happen?" I asked him wondering what he had to say.

 "I don't know, but why should I trust you... You haven't given me any reasons to." Keith said as he grabbed the stuffed lion and used it as a pillow. As the night went on I felt someone kick my seat over and over again. "Keith quit it!" I yelled and I turn to see who it was. Keith was fast asleep. I did wake up Hunk by screaming. "Sorry did I do something wrong," Hunk said hiding his face with his arms said putting his arms in front of his face. "I won't hurt you." I said moving his hands away from his face. "Well back at the warehouse their were some pretty bad punishments" Hunk said showing me his left arm which was covered in scars and bruises.

"We all have them," He added. I looked at the others to see Lance had a few on his left and right arm, Keith had some on his face and legs and Katie didn't seem to have any that I could see. My eye's went back on the road so I wouldn't crash into anything.

. . .

"WE'RE HERE!" I yelled feeling accomplished. But no one woke up. "Screw you guys." I said getting out of the car leaving them there. I opened the trunk and grabbed the four box's. I closed the trunk with my foot them turn the corner. "Holy sh-" I said almost dropping all the box's.

"So what do I call you?" Lance asked me. "Whatever you want." I answered. "I'm going to call you Dad." Lance said in the most happy voice ever. I walked inside Lance behind me. I left Allura, Pidge, Hunk and Keith to sleep. "I want to know what's in these boxes what about you Lance?" I asked Lance. "Yeah I have never seen my stuff before." Lance said to me.

(I will try to get 1400 to 1500 words every chapter so yeah author out)