[e.p.] | engaged

Imagine: Going to a Narnian Ball with Edmund where he proposes to you

• • •

"I'm not so sure about this." I sighed to my lady in waiting, Elise.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"My chest is literally falling out of this gown." I said.

"Tonight could be the night, Queen (Y/N)." She smiled.

"What do you mean, Elise?" I asked.

"He could pop the question." She said.

"Oh my-" I began.

"Queen (Y/N), the ball has begun. King Edmund requests your presence." A guard said through my door.

"Tell him to wait." I groaned.

"Will do." The guard chuckled.

    I hustled to get my hair fixed in a side swept way. I smiled at my reflection and thought of what Elise had said. Tonight could be the night. Edmund and I were 18, we were prepared to get married, but we didn't want to rush it. We'd been dating for 3 and a half years now, but I assume he wanted things to be perfect.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, entering the room is her majesty Queen (Y/N) of Narnia. The girlfriend of King Edmund of Narnia." A man said as the doors opened to reveal me.

    I smiled and made my way down the stairs to Edmund. He was tall, handsome, and extremely charming. It was no wonder that the ladies and women of Narnia glared at me as he kissed me.

"Really Edmund?" I giggled as he grinned.

"I want everyone to know you're mine babe." He smiled holding my hands.

    We started dancing through the ballroom. I noticed everyone's eyes were on us, so Edmund led us off the dance floor. He gave Peter a signal that it was time for him to take his fiancé onto the dance floor. He led me out through the French glass doors and onto the terrace where the evening air was warm and soft.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asked me as I rested my hands on the railing.

"Oh so beautiful." I smiled at the view.

"(Y/N) this is where we met." He said.

"I remember it. I love that moment. I-" I said turning around to see Edmund on one knee with a ring between his index finger and thumb.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N), I have fallen in love with you. I knew that the moment I met you, I was going to marry you. You're so sweet and kind to everyone, even Peter. And I, I don't know, I just kind of felt it. You are so amazing and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I know you've been waiting for a while, but I wanted this moment to be perfect, just like you.  So (Y/N) (Y/L/N) will you marry me?" He asked.

"Of course I will." I said sobbed and embracing him once he was off the ground.

"Good because my knee hurts now." He laughed and I did too.

    We went back into the ballroom, the engagement ring on my finger. I smiled in Lucy's direction. I caught her eye, and saw she was talking to a tall and handsome young man. She excused herself and came over to us.

"So?" She asked Edmund.

"We're engaged." He said.

"Yes (Y/N) is my sister in law!" She said, hugging me, "Thank You for saying yes."

"I wouldn't have said no." I laughed.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" Peter said, getting the room silent, "A TOAST TO THE FUTURE MR. AND MRS. EDMUND PEVENSIE! SHE SAID YES!!"

    Everyone cheered and Edmund dipped me to kiss me. And so we were engaged and that night was so beautiful and perfect, and I smiled as I slipped into the white gown, knowing that I'd finally found the one.

~Part 2?~
Comment for a Second Part!