Chapter 3: A Misunderstanding

(Y/N) POV

I hear my alarm clock ringing as I awake from my slumber. I get up and walk to the bathroom to change. I wasn't feeling very energetic today because I stayed up all night texting Kyano about the dance. I pull my my (H/L) (H/C) into a loose bun and applied a thin line of black mascara around m eyes. I put on my school uniform, grabbed a piece of jam toast an began to walk to school. I got there early so I walked around the campus to kill time. As I was about to head to the mountains I was stopped a strawberry blonde hair boy.

"A-Asano!?" I stammered 

"Hello there (Y/N)." He said with a smile. "I'm guessing you've heard about the dance that's coming up."

"Uh, Yes more or less." I said with a fake smile.

  "Great, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me." Asano asked  

I stared at him in disbelief. The number one student on campus wants to go the the dance with me.

"Uh...Gee Asano I would of love to go to the dance with you but..."

I turned around to see Itona walking away from. I quickly grabbed onto his arm and hugged it.

"You see I already promised Itona I would go to the dance with him so bye." I said and pulled Itona towards the mountains.

Itona POV

I was walking towards the trail to the mountains thinking of what I was going to say to (Y/N) when I spotted her talking to Asano. I decided it was now or never and walked towards them when I was in hearing range I heard what Asano asked (Y/N).

  "Great, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me." Asano asked 

I froze when I heard Asano ask (Y/N) that question. I quickly turned around to hold back the tears that were going to stream down m face when (Y/N) grabbed my arm and told Asano. 

  "You see I already promised Itona I would go to the dance with him so bye." 

And just like that she pulled me towards the forest. Once we were out of earshot she whispered to me a sorry. I just stared at her.

"I didn't mean to drag you into that but I didn't know what to say to Asano and you were the only person around." she said

I noticed her face turning pink and she was holding onto my arm tightly but I wasn't complaining. I was about to ask her to the dance when she finally spoke up.

"hey, Itona."

"Yeah" I responded.

"I was wondering if...if y-you really wanted t-to go to the d-dance with me?"She stuttered.

I stood there in shock. I took a deep breath and whispered yes. (Y/N) face instantly lit up and she hugged me. After a couple seconds of the embrace she let go and turned away.

"Well this is great but we should hurry before were late."

(Y/N) ran up the trail and I stood there replaying in my mind what just happend. I put my hands on my face and dropped to the ground. I had turned into a burning Tomato.