Chapter II:Party Crashers

Zarec is finally walking to the castle,wearing his fancy suit that he had stored.Does he look good?Will people judge him?How will they react?Who cares?!He's heading for Lovstofe,the most famous capital of all of Xorfar!He's getting all jumpy and excited,he'll hear the words of Lord Excavair and see what the steward looks like!A village farmer that was invited to a party in a capital,how surprising!There's a crowd that's walking the same direction,he just has to join them,in this case he did!Now he's with the guests and heading straight for the castle!It's quite a walk,but he doesn't mind.One person asks him, "Are you that farmboy from Gardbeq?" "Yes I am.Why?" Zarec asked.The person sighed. "'Tis a shame." "''Tis a shame'?Why?" He thought.Was something bad gonna happen?He waved the thoughts away and looked to see the walls of the city.How surprising!He never saw it like this close before,but now he's witnessing it!He's getting overly excited,but he tried to hold it back.The crowd and him walked through the gates and into the city.He saw stores filled with armor,weapons,potions,and more!He looked forward to see the castle.Holy sweet Alaybak!The castle's huge!Quite surprising when you look at the view with your very eyes.He walked through the left door which was wide open thanks to the guards,when the crowd separated,he saw beverages,food,and the perfect view of the city!He walked to the beverages and saw there's many types of brands,from the good ol' ales of Talembaw to the wines of Unberex.Ah,the best brands that ever existed.He grabbed grab a bottle of ale and heard a glass cup being tapped,he knows what that means:Silence and listen to the lord of Lovstofe. "Thank you all for coming." A young voice was heard.Zarec knew who that was,Lord Excavair. "I'm quite surprised to see a crowd fill my halls and chat happily about their lives.It warms my heart seeing you all here on my 19th birthday." "'19th birthday'?How old was he when King Lovstofe gave him power of the city?16 or something?" Zarec wondered.But frankly,he didn't care. "As a toast,I gratefully thank you all!" Everyone cheered and raised their drinks,Zarec joined along,cheering with them and raising his ale. "Continue on!" Excavair said,and everyone continued chatting.It was fun until as soon as Zarec turned around to see the castle doors flung open,and screams filled his ears and he saw the castle doors flooded with some unknown creatures.Blood flew everywhere,the screams of fear filled the castle,and the last thing he saw was one of the creatures running right towards him,a sword in one hand and a shield in the other.He dropped his ale and caught the creature by surprise and flung him across the castle hall,realizing what he's done,and saw he had the creature's sword and shield.He looked up to seeing more of those creatures,and the guards being slayed one-by-one with the innocents.Most of what was left of the party guests escaped from the surprise attack,but Zarec wasn't one of them.He charged at them and started screaming.When he saw their eyes,it was something he'd never forget.The eyes of anger,the eyes of death,the eyes....of the devil.He jabbed one of them straight in the head and whacked another with the shield.He never knew how well he fought since the last time he trained with his great uncle.He slashed them all,left to right,with the guards helping.The last one ran away,until an archer shot it dead straight in the head,then it collapsed.Zarec was sweating more than when he was farming. "You're a good fighter," a guard said, "where'd you learn them?" "My great uncle." Zarec replied. "Was he a fighter too?" "A hero of Xorfar." The guard's eyes widened when he heard that,he whispered it to the other guard,then they ran.Zarec was puzzled,he threw the sword and shield to the side.He let out a small cry and fell to the floor,he saw some blood drip from his cheek.Perhaps the creature got him..?Who knows?He wiped the blood off and sighed,then stood up to see Lord Excavair standing in front of him.He's quite taller than him.How old did he say he was?15?No...maybe 18? "I heard your great uncle was a hero of Xorfar." Excavair said. "Yeah.." Zarec said. "I have a quest for you.." "'A quest'?Great..am I gonna go clean up the mess of dead bodies?" He thought. "I want you to head here.." Lord Excavair gave Zarec a map.A map?Really?What is this?A treasure hunt? "It leads to the hold of the heroes of Xorfar." Hold up hold up!A hold?!Alright,now we're talking!Keep talking,Exca. "In there there'll be three sets of armor with their own weapons.You need two allies to fit in the other two." Two?Why not ten?Maybe twenty?Give me an army,not a three man team! "I know the two heroes' son and cousin..their names are Joress and Torocke.One's a miner and the other works as a blacksmith.You must look for them in order to get in the hold." Why so?Can't I just get in on my own? "It'll take yours and the two others' blood to get in-" "Wait up..blood?!" "Yes..it can't use skin." Zarec groaned a bit,but he had to. "Alright,I'll see what I can do." And Zarec went off.